Not just a dream afterall.

Rebecca POV

Ash and I were at my favourite park near the quay in North Van. There was an older man playing the guitar. He just finished taking care of business and was now playing hotel California by the Eagles.

Ash was telling me about something he did back east, then he smacked my arm, "go sing with him. This is your favourite song." I smiled and happily complied. Easily joining the man as he started the first chorus.

Josh POV

I was walking Bennie thru the park like I usually do. There were only a few people here today. Some in the back corner smoking what was probably illegal, the usual older man playing the classics on his guitar, and there were a few people playing football. Then there was a pretty girl talking to who I'm guessing is her boyfriend while writing in a notebook.

I walked onto the beach part and sat on the rocks as the old man started to play hotel California. One of his favourites as he once told me when I asked him about his music taste. He loved the Eagles and looking glass, the who, Bachman-Turner overdrive, basically any rock band around in the 70's and 80's.

As I was humming along to the song I heard a new voice join in. Soft yet full of power. A female voice that would be un-countered. I turned and saw the girl who was previously talking to her presumed boyfriend.

She sang with so much conviction throughout the song,
"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
She held onto the last note beautifully.

The man smiled and thanked her for singing with him, complementing her on her voice, and rightfully so.

I decided to go and talk to her, maybe compliment her on her singing. I walked up and her boyfriend saw me and said he'd be back, she didn't look up from her notebook as he shoo'd him away with her hand and crossed something out before re-writing it. Something I had been doing countless times all morning.

Her boyfriend came up to me, "hey, my cousins a huge fan of yours, would you mind going and talking to her? Maybe help her with that line she's writing? She insists she'll finish it today but we've been here for an hour already and I want to get home before daybreak tomorrow." He laughed, as did I. "But seriously, she's been going thru some stuff. You saying something would really lighten her mood."

I nodded, surprisingly happy to learn that he was related to her, "sure. I was going to compliment her on her singing anyway."

He nodded and headed to the bathroom. I threw the stick for Bennie one more time before walking over to the young girl.

I got a few feet away from her before I stopped, "hey-" I started but was cut off.

"Before you ask what I'm doing tonight, the answer is, and always will be, 'not you'. So don't bother." She said before looking up.

I laughed lightly, there were defiantly some guys around here that hit on every girl around and that's what I would say to them too.

I cautiously took the seat her cousin was sitting in before, "actually, I was going to compliment you on your voice. It's amazing. You must practice a lot to get that kind of control." I said.

She shook her head as she crossed out her writing again and started over, "thanks. I don't so much practice, as I do sing all the time. Music is one thing that calms me down."

She once again crossed her words out and paused, staring at the crossed out words covering the page and starting over on a fresh page again. "Anything I can help with? You seem to be stuck." I said peering quickly at the page.

She shook her head, "not unless you can find a way to rhyme room with know." She said, just now taking the time to look up at me. Her eyes went slightly wide, "holy crap." She said quickly.

I laughed, "I was wondering when you'd look at me. Your cousin said you were a fan." I smiled and put my hand out, "I'm Josh."

She looked at my hand then back at me, "I know." She smirked and turned back to her notebook.

I smirked, a smartass. I can deal with one of these. "I don't think I got your name yet."

She flipped her pen around her fingers a few times, "I know that too."

I laughed, "are you gonna tell me your name?" I asked.

She looked at me questionably. Probably trying to decide whether to trust me or not. "Rebecca. But call me Becca or Bec."

I smiled, "bec it is." I said as I moved slightly closer to her, so what's stumping you?" I asked.

She groaned, "sitting alone in a crowded room. Watching all the people I wish I didn't know. Just wanting to be alone with you." She sighed as she read off what she had, "I either need a way to pronounce know to rhyme with you and room or a word that would fit that rhymes with know and make this a four line verse." She said.

I smiled, "so this is for a song."

She blushed slightly and nodded. "But not a love song. More a 'I wish I never knew these people why couldn't I pick my own friends.' Kinda deal" she said.

I smiled, "you just finished your own verse and you never knew." She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I took a breath and started singing lightly, "sitting alone in a crowded room, watching all the people I wish I never knew, just wanting to be alone with you." I sang to the tune I was trying to write earlier. I groaned in realization.

"What? That works. It's good." She smiled as she wrote it down.

"Yeah. It also fits perfectly to a song in working on and have been fighting with all week." I said.

She ripped the paper from her notebook and handed it to me, "then you use it." She said. I looked at her, "it's just one line I had done. I don't even have a place for it to go. Or an idea for a song. I just liked the idea."

I raised an eyebrow, "you've fought with a line for an hour an you didn't even have a song for it to work with?" I asked and she nodded. "Wow. are you sure?" I asked as I read it over. It would be fit perfectly into wildfire.

She nodded, "yeah. I can always come up with more lines."

"Wow thanks." I stood up, "it was nice meeting you bec." I was about to walk away but turned back, "hey would you like to help me write a song sometime? I mean. If love your input on one or two I'm working on."

Rebecca POV

"You could even come help me now if you have time." He finished.

I nodded, "sure. My cousin was heading home anyway. I wanted to stay and write."

Josh smiled, "perfect. Come on, i live around the corner."

I nodded and grabbed my bag. Before following Josh.