Final countdown

Josh POV

This is it. The last date I have with porcelain before we get engaged. Or I propose, at least. I hope she says yes. She can be my ever after, my disaster, my lover dearest, my perfect porcelain. My everything.

We were walking hand in hand down to our log on the beach, without the dogs. We just went to a gelato shop in gastown and now we're just walking around.

We went and sat on our log and watched the sun set. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my lap, resting my chin on her shoulder. I lightly kissed her neck once and she smiled and turned to face me, I kissed her lips lightly before pulling back and watching the sunset over the lions.

I grabbed porce's hands in mine from behind, "know what I think?"

"You can think?!" she asked shocked.

I rolled my eyes, "I think we should get a kitten."

"Because it's not like we have any furry creatures in our apartment." She said sarcastically.

I laughed, "but all our pets are either mine or yours not ours. I want something that's ours." I said as I lightly kissed her neck again.

She sighed, "fine. You ever decide you want a kid that's 'ours' and you're gonna have to find a new neck to kiss." She said turning and facing me, now standing between my legs.

I gave her a shocked face, "you mean, you don't want kids?" I asked. She shook her head. I wiped away a fake tear and fake choked, "I never thought I could love you more!" I said as I pled her into a tight hug.

She laughed, "yeah yeah, love you too rockstar. can we go home now? I'm getting cold." She said as she trailed her hands up and down her bare arms.

This was the one downside of living by the water, it gets really cold at night. I nodded as I stood up. I slipped off my leather jacket and put it over porce's shoulders, leaving me with my hoodie. She smiled and kissed my cheek, "you're welcome." I said as I put my arm over her shoulder and headed back home.

•••

We got home and headed straight for the hot tub. Porcelain got changed I to her Vancouver Canucks bikini. She came out after me and I rolled my eyes, "still can't believe you like hockey." I said. Last year she made me watch every game.

She laughed, "I don't like hockey. I like sedins and lack and Bieksa and Kassian and Higgins." I rolled my eyes and she laughed again.

"You can name the whole team, can't you?" I asked.

She nodded, "and I bet you couldn't name three team mates. including the ones I just listed."

I laughed, "ha, I bet I couldn't name three league teams." She gestured for me to try, "Canucks-"

"No duh"

"Shut up." I laughed. "Ugh- I got nothing."

She smirked, "Anaheim-"

"Mighty ducks!" I said.

She laughed, "just ducks actually but yes."

"Picky picky." I said rolling my eyes.

"Just be happy I'm not picky with my taste in guys." She pointed out.

I smirked and pulled her over onto my lap, "oh I am. I'm happy everyday that you for some reason picked me." I said I I pecked her lips.

She smiled and leaned her head back on my shoulder, "why would I pick anyone else. Tu es le seul pour moi. Votre mom homme"

"You speak French?" I asked, "I didn't know."

She laughed, "I can say: F you, can you repeat that in French? I don't speak English, and you're the one for me, you're my man."

I smiled, "and you said F you?"

She laughed, "No, you're the one for me. " She smiled and kissed me, "oh and I can say F you in two ways. I can say it as in, f you. And, I'd like to f you. oh I can also say kiss you. Same as the latter F you, but pronunciation is different."

I smiled and kissed her, "I love you." I smiled.

She smiled back, "I love you too."

I laughed, "ok. Do your worst." I said leaning my head back on the edge of the tub.

She smiled, "Edmonton oilers, Calgary flames, Toronto maple leafs, Montreal Canadians, Boston bruins, la kings, San Jose sharks, Nashville predators, Colorado avalanche, New York rangers, Chicago blackhawks, Pittsburg penguins, Detroit red wings, Philadelphia flyers, Ottawa senators, buffalo sabres, st Louis blues, Minnesota wild, Winnipeg jets, New Jersey devils, Arizona coyotes, Carolina hurricanes, Columbus blue jackets, Tampa bay lightning, Florida panthers, Dallas stars and Atlanta thrashers." She took a deep breath, "I'm missing a couple. And I'm pretty sure there's a few disbarred teams in there but that's east and west."

I laughed, "I admit. You know as much about hockey as I do music." She smiled and nodded. "Come on porce. Almost midnight, we should go to bed."

She nodded, "and watch late night" she asked.

I nodded, "yup. Until one of us, probably you crashes." I smiled as I wrapped a towel around my shoulders.

Porcelain and I both have insomnia but mine is worse than hers. She just doesn't sleep until extremely late and then wakes up about 10 times throughout the rest of the night for about 5 hours. I just get about 3 hours sleep. I guess in the end we're pretty evenly yolked.

We crawled into bed and porce cuddled closer to my side and laid her head on my chest. Then, like every other night, we silently watched tv until we fell asleep.