Never too late for pancakes

Josh POV

She loves me. And not the me that's in a band, she loves josh. The guy that had problems and overcame them. Still has to overcome them day after day. She loves me for everything, the good and the bad.

I know we've only been dating a week but it feels like longer. It feels like we've been dating since I helped her move out of her parents place and she grabbed my hand the whole way to north van.

I really do love her with all my heart. She's the only person who seems to understand the real me. She knows when to be silly and when to be dead serious, she can always tell when I need someone to listen. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm never gonna let her go.

We just walked thru the door and my stomach growled. She ran over to the kitchen, stood behind the island and stared right at me, no blinking, "wanna make pancakes?" she asked.

She made it to the end of her question before she started laughing, "never again!" I said while grabbing bennies kibble from the pantry. "Besides it's almost lunch. It's too late for pancakes." I said back

She looked shocked, "it's never too late to eat pancakes!" she said.

I put bennies bowl down and walked over to her, grabbing both her hands. "Then how about we go out for lunch. We can go to IHOP and get your pancakes. Then I can be assured of no food fights." I smiled and kissed her nose.

She nodded, "I make no promises."

Then she skipped upstairs. I laughed to myself and got the cats their food. Then my phone rang.

J: hey Matt. What's up?

M: nothing much. We were gonna go grab a bite for lunch if you wanna come.

Just then disaster came back downstairs.

J: actually I was gonna take Rebecca for lunch.

The she mouthed that the guys could come too.

J: you guys can take along if you want. We're going to the IHOP down the street from my place.

M: isn't it a little late for pancakes?

Now disaster cut in "there is no such time!"

J: yeah we already had that argument. You guys in or not?

Matt asked mike and Ian what they thought

M: we're in. See you in 20.

Then he hung up. Disaster was sitting in the counter next to the other stools. "You never do sit in actual seats do you?" I ask laughing. She shook her head. "Weirdo"

She smiled and bent down to kiss me, "normal is boring." She the hopped off the counter and walked over to the mirror by the door. "So I was thinking." She said, grabbing her hair and parting it so you could see the bottom back strands.

I walked over and wrapped my arms around her from behind. "About?" I asked, resting my chin atop her head.

"Dying parts of my hair pink. Like, hot pink."

"But you don't like pink." I said.

"But I do. In my hair. I've had clip in strands before."

I nodded, "were you thinking highlights, lowlights, just the tips. What?"

"I was thinking lowlights." She said.

"I like it. You're right, hot pink in your blonde hair would look awesome." I smiled and kissed her head. "Come on. We're meeting the guys in 10 minutes." I said slipping my shoes back on. She did the same and then we were out the door.

Rebecca POV

We just finished eating and I was stuffed.

Mike dared me to eat a stack of double chocolate chip pancakes. And I did it. Josh kept starting at me as each pancake disappeared.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair as I finished the last bite. "That's one thing I'll never understand about you." Josh said, I opened my eyes and cocked my eyebrow at him, "how do you eat the way you eat and look the way you look?"

I laughed, "I have no idea. But I'm not gonna question it."

Matt laughed, "Josh. I like this one, lets keep her."

Josh smiled and wrapped his arm around me, "don't worry, I was planning on it." He kissed my temple.

I get goosebumps every time he does that and I have no idea why. It's only when he kisses my temple. Not my forehead or my cheek. Not even my lips. Just when he kisses my temple. It's weird, but in a good way.

•••

Now we're back at Josh's watching movies. Mike and Ian left but Matt decided to stick around.

Matt went to get a water from the kitchen and he aid he'd grab josh another coke zero. I turned to ask josh something when I saw Matt shaking the can. Then he pressed his index finger to his lips when he saw me look at him.

When matt got back I excused myself to grab a coke. and grabbed my phone. matt smiled, "had you told me I would have grabbed you one." He smiled at me.

I laughed.

I stood by the island with a straight view of Josh. I opened the video camera and hit record just as he was reaching for his coke. It sprayed him all over and Matt burst out laughing, "well this had been fun. And with that he ran out the door.

I laughed and Josh turned to me, "I don't think you should come over anymore. Seems like every time you do it ends with me covered in something head to toe." He smiled and kissed me.

When we broke apart I smiled, "you taste like coke zero." I laughed.

"Well there are worse things I suppose." He smiled and kissed me again, "I'm gonna go shower quick. I'll be back in 10." I nodded and he ran up the steps.

I went over to my bag and grabbed my notebook and started to write. I haven't written a song in forever, but now I have the inspiration again.