Not who you think

Ash's POV

We finally landed and I called Becca to tell her we were on our way. Pat and Tyler got in one cab and cam and I got in another. I told the driver the address and we didn't say a word the whole ride. It was 45 minutes of awkward silence.

The driver pulled down a short street in Burnaby. Literally, the street she lives in is short street. We got out at the blue house on the corner. I saw uncle Brian on the porch and ran up. "Hey where's Becca?" I asked I thought she'd be here to welcome me.

"She's in her tree. Cam would you mind going to get her while I show ash his room? The backyard entrance is right beside the garage."

Cam nodded questioningly and started off towards the garage. "I could've gotten her." I said.

"I know. But I need to tell you something. Becca isn't who you think she is anymore. She's grown up. She isn't ten anymore so just treat her like an adult. Don't baby her. Don't try to control her. And don't think for one second that she's still the same."

I nodded "so what are we going to do about this?" I asked. There was no way she was different than I remember. But if she is we need to fix her fast.

"Nothing. She's almost 19. She's moving as soon as she finds a place. I'm not going to try to control her. I know she's a good girl. She won't do anything I wouldn't approve of. I trust her." I nodded. I guess I'll have to go along with this. I remember her as the good girl who was always respectful and loved to be with people. How much could she have changed?

Rebecca's POV

I was sitting in my hazelnut tree with my headphones in listening to cams new mixtape. I was just listening until SOB came on and I started rap along with it.

"Raise my voice to my loved ones

Everybody needs someone

Still keeping it honest

Pouring it all out to let you know

Still be here doing this shit

Just will you still be here when they go?"

I sighed as I listened to the end and took out my headphones. Then I heard, clapping? I snapped my head beside me and saw him.

Cam walked over to where I was and sat on the branch I was on. "When Ash said you were just like him this is not what I imagined" he said chuckling.

I cocked my eyebrow, "What exactly did you imagine?" I have this strange ability to never get starstruck. I can act like I've known someone for years if I met them ten minutes before.

He thought for a second, "would you believe one of those good girl farmers daughter types? Country loving, non swearing daddies girl?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Hey I am a non swearer I love country but I don't consider myself a goody goody. Ash can only remember me as a ten year old girl. He has trouble realizing I've grown up. But you gotta love him." I said, laughing at the last part.

Cam chuckled too "speak for yourself." still chuckling. "I guess you have to like him to live in the same house for 5 months."

I groaned, "uh uh no way. I'm moving out the second I find a cheap place."

"Well I guess I'm staying here for the foreseeable future too. think you can handle us both?" He asked smiling.

I chuckled, "I'm sure I'll manage."

Then I saw ash coming up, not looking thrilled, "tell me I didn't just hear what I think I just heard!" please don't be talking about me rapping, please don't be talking about me rapping, "you're staying here?!" thank goodness.

Cam put his hands up in surrender, " only until the band finds a house to rent. It shouldn't take long with ramsassys help"

I nearly fell out of the tree, y'know the while 3 feet to the ground. "Josh Ramsay? Like Marianas trench?" I asked cam.

"Oh you've heard of him?" he asked. I nodded. "I'm so sorry. I was hoping to shield you from the horror that is J-to-the-o-zosh" he winked at me. Knowing already that ash couldn't know I listened to them.

"Well you can keep shielding her and keep him and her as far away as possible" ash said while grabbing my hand. I wish he were less like a father to me, wait, my dad doesn't care what I listen to as long as there isn't too much swearing why would ash? "I want Becca to keep her impeccable taste in music. Go on Rebecca, sing something."

I had to think for a minute. What would be a MT song Cam would know but not ash? Ash knows most just from the radio. He knows their style too. Except. It changes every album. That's it!

"Well I've been deep in the sleeplessness I don't know why.

Just can't get it away from myself.

When I get back on my feet I'll blow this open wide.

And carry me hime in good health."

I sang the entire teaser that Josh had tweeted from a new single they were working on.

"See." ash said, "that song is far better than anything that stupid Josh Ramsay could come up with. Stick with Becca maybe she will rub off on you." Ash said and went inside.

We managed to hold our laughter in just long enough for ash to close the backdoor. Note to self: ask dad to tell ash to back off.