Cooking dinner

Rebecca POV

We just got back to the apartment and Graham went straight for ivy and Bennie.

I looked at Josh, "I'll go out his stuff in the spare room."

He nodded, "I'll watch him." he kissed my forehead and went over to the dog beds.

I went upstairs and put Graham's clothes in the bottom drawer of the dresser then out his pillow and blanket on the bed.

When I went back down I saw josh and Graham playing with Bennie. Josh was sitting on the couch with Graham on his lap. Graham was holding the rope and josh had his hand over Graham's. Playing tug of war with Bennie.

I smiled and took a picture before Josh saw me.

I forgot the sound effects were up in my phone, josh and Graham turned when they heard the click.

"Hey!" Josh said.

Graham copied him, "Hey!"

I laughed and went and picked him up, "now don't you go acting like him. I don't think I can handle two Josh's" I said while taking Graham to the kitchen.

"Oh you love me!" josh said following us.

I set Graham on the island, "You keep telling yourself that." I said, going thru the fridge.

"I have to. You don't." He said leaning against the counter beside Graham.

I went up to him and kissed him, "ew - yuck!" Josh smiled into the kiss, I pulled away but josh covered Graham's eyes with one hand and pulled me back with the other.

I pulled back, "love you, josh."

He smiled at me, "love you too, disaster."

He moved his hand from Graham's eyes, but he closed his eyes himself, "are you done now?"

Josh laughed, "for now we are." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

I looked at Graham, "what do you want for dinner?"

He thought for a minute, "Your homemade macaroni."

Josh looked at me, "you never told me you could cook."

"That's the one thing I can make. Between that and your stirfry we're set."

He laughed. "I can also make a mean pb&j."

I got all the stuff out for macaroni. "Wanna help me or you just gonna watch?"

Graham clapped, "I'll help!"

I smiled, "thank you." I turned to josh "and I suppose you're just gonna sit and look pretty."

He sighed, "I guess I'll help." Then he slumped and stood up.

"Ok. Josh can stir the sauce and you can pass me the ingredients." Graham nodded.

•••

I took the dish out if the oven while Graham was washing his hands upstairs.

Josh came behind me after i set it down to cool. He kissed me neck, "well we did it." I said. Trying my hardest to not get distracted.

He paused, "what?" then he went back to my neck, biting my earlobe lightly.

I turned around so he'd stop and kissed his cheek, "we cooked without having a food fight or breaking a dish."

He laughed, "yay we're maturing!"

"No! I don't wanna!" I said like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum.

He laughed again, and pecked my lips, "then we'll stop. Anything for you disaster."

I smiled and blushed a little, "thank you."

Graham walked back in, "I'm done. - hey josh?"

Josh went up to him and put him back in the island, "wassup bud?"

"Why do you call auntie Becca 'disaster'?" He asked, Josh smiled.

"Because I have a song that says 'I'll be your perfect disaster, you can be my ever after." He said.

Graham nodded lightly, "like a fairytale?"

Josh smiled, "exactly. And she's my happily ever after."

Graham smiled, "ok."

I smiled at Josh and he winked at me again, "alright, come on Graham, help me set the table. Then the macaroni will be cool enough to eat" he nodded and jumped off the counter, with Josh's help.

•••

I just put Graham to bed. He went straight to sleep. He's supposed to be in bed by 8, but I put him down at 10 instead since they're 4 hours ahead of us.

He fell asleep almost as soon as he laid down. I guess he had a busy day.

I went into Josh and I's room. I put on one of his old shirts and my shorts. I usually just sleep in my underwear but Graham has a habit of waking me up in the night.

I cuddled up to Josh's chest, he kissed my head while he wrote in his song book. "You're really good with him you know."

I smiled, "thanks. Oh, just a warning, he tends to come in in the middle of the night and wakes me. If you wake up too, you can just go back to sleep. I've got him."

He nodded and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. He kissed my head again, "I know I joke about it a lot, but I really do love you, disaster."

I sat up on my elbows and kissed him on the lips, I pulled away, "I love you too, josh."

He smiled and pulled me into the kiss again, flipping us over so he was over me, quickly rubbing his tongue ring along my bottom lip as he bit it. He knows that sends shivers down my spine.

That started the usual midnight make out session. I played with his hair as he rubbed my side. He kissed my neck a few times before lying back down.

I sighed, "sometimes I really hate these morals."

Josh laughed and kissed my cheek, "so do I. But it is nice that our relationship is based off more than just sex. I'm pretty sure my last girlfriend was just extremely horny."

I laughed. "Unlike you."

He smirked, "hey, I saw that there were more important things than that in a relationship."

I nodded and cuddled back up to josh. "Night babe."

He laughed and turned off the light, "goodnight disaster."

And for the first time in a month I feel asleep at a relatively decent hour.