True feelings

Josh POV

This is it. I'm gonna tell Bec how I feel. I can't wait anymore, this could actually be the death of me.

We just stopped to get pizza, a large pepperoni. Now we're heading up to Burnaby mountain. There's a really nice lookout spot there. And we should be just in time for the sunset.

It's supposed to get cold tonight so I'm happy I have the blanket in my trunk for when I take Bennie to the beach. I can run and grab that when it starts to get cold.

"Ugh!" I heard from the passenger side, "where the heck is it?!" Bec was rummaging through her purse for something. She didn't usually use a big purse but she's taken to bringing notebooks and a book to read with her everywhere.

"What did you lose?" I asked as I took the exit for north Burnaby.

"Nothing!" she said, "I misplaced my phone. Again. can I use yours to call myself?" She asked.

I nodded and took my phone out and put the pass code in. Then I passed it to her.

"Josh?"

"Yes?"

"Your phone book is in code. Who am I?" she asked as she kept scrolling, "please tell me I'm batman!"

I laughed, "no, that's Matt. Ian is ombudsman and Mike is hefalump."

"Hefalump?" she turned and looked at me, "like dr.suess?" I nodded, "not gonna ask. So what's my name?"

"Perfect disaster." I said as I went up the road that led to the lookout.

"Can I ask why?" She asked like I should have explained it already.

"Because porcelain was taken?" I say in the same tone. "If you don't like it, I don't really care I'm not changing it."

She laughed, I love her laugh. "I guess it's better than Carolina."

"That's the spirit. Now come on we're here!"

I got out and stretched my legs. It took an hour to get here because of traffic. But the view is worth it. And I don't mean the sunset. I mean the orange light reflecting off disasters skin. Yeah. I decided to call her disaster.

She can be my perfect disaster. I wonder if I can be her ever after.

I sat down on a bench and she came and sat next to me. Putting the pizza between us. Before long tho the pizza was gone and the sun was set.

"Come on, disaster. Let's walk." I stand up and hold my had out to her.

She takes it and gets up, "you're gonna keep calling me that now, aren't you?" she asked.

I smiled down at her, "yup." Then I wrapped my arm around her.

Then, what I'm surprised hadn't happened already, happened. The inevitable. Her phone rang.

We stopped and she answered, "yeah?" then nothing "he what?!" camm did something "I'm just out with Josh." So much for my plan. "We'll be right there." I turned and started walking for my car, still with my arm wrapped around disaster. She hung up, she sighed and pushed her fave into my rib cage. then she came back and looked at me, "this time the hooliganism was not on our part."

I laughed, "what did he do?"

"Broke his finger almost off while skateboarding. Or at least that's what they think. He's getting an X-ray now." She started laughing. "Only cam would fall off his skateboard and break his finger."

I laughed along with her, "that's not true. Kyle could have easily done that."

Them we just laughed and made fun of the guys on the way to the hospital.

Cam POV

So apparently - 6 hours later - my finger isn't broken. Just some dumb thing near it. Like, muscle damage or something. Now I don't need a full on cast, just a piece of tape to keep my finger straight.

In other news. I might die. Legit. I think Josh is going to kill me. He told me his plan when he called to say he would have pizza delivered. It was a good plan too. Although he doesn't seem that bothered.

I decided to text him to figure out if I should run for my life or not.

C: sorry I messed up the master plan.

He looked at his phone, then me,

J: it's cool. At least I have the general idea of how to do it, maybe in a less obvious way too.

C: whatever dude. Glad I'm not getting killed - today. Tomorrow's a new day.

Josh just burst out laughing. Then stopped himself.

Pat just shrugged, "we still having the party at ours tomorrow night?" he asked, probably more to me and Tyler tan anyone.

"Heck ya! don't forget to rent the speakers. it's gonna go all night!" I say.

Becca face palms. "Aww what's wrong, disaster. Not too into party's?"

"Not when I'm the insomniac who sleeps until 5 then gets up. You should feel my pain."

Josh makes a pained face, "good point. I'll probably leave around 11. If you wanna come sleep at mine you can. I have a guest room."

I look back at her and she nods very happily. "Wait wait wait!" I say "did you just call her disaster?" I ask josh.

He smiles, "yeah, that's her name in my phone."

Becca laughed, "don't ask what your guys' names are." She smiled and and Josh did too.

We all looked at Josh, he stood up and grabbed becs hand, "solo," not bad, "perm" he looked at pat. That's awesome, "and -"

Them he and Bec both disappeared through the door.

Tyler's face was priceless. Knowing josh that just men the couldn't come up with a name for him. But I won't tell Tyler that.