Saved by the bell.

Rebecca POV

I woke up bit didn't open my eyes. I was pressed against Josh's chest, I could feel his steady breath on my face, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

This is my favourite time if the day. No ones bothering us, stealing us away from each other. We're not messing with each other. It's just peaceful, and I want to savour this moment, because it won't last long.

And just like that. Just as I snuggled closer to Josh's warm body. Just as I started to fade out.

My phone rang.

Josh groaned and pulled me closer. "Babe, it's Megan, I should get it." I knew it was Megan because her ringtone is the 5-0 theme song.

Josh tightened his grip on my waste and rolled over so he was on top of me. He moved one of his arms and reached behind me for a minute before he rolled us back over and put my phone to my ear. All while keeping his eyes closed.

I giggled as he pulled me closer to him again. I grabbed my phone and answered before it went to voicemail.

R: City morgue. You stab em we slab em.

M: ha ha. What took you so long to answer, you and josh doing unspeakable things?

R: oh please. You woke us up, why must you assume dirty things?

This got josh to open his eyes and start rolling his hands along my back.

M: hey get your mind out if the gutter, I said 'unspeakable things'. That could mean pillow fights. Eating breakfast. Having a shower ... together.

R: right and my minds in the gutter.

M: well yeah. You're dating josh. Heck you're marrying him. He must've corrupted your mind by now. Or corrupted you in other ways...

By this time josh was listening in on our conversation and nearly burst out laughing. I smacked his arm as he fell onto his back.

R: so was there a reason you called?

M: oh yeah. I just got on the seabus and should be at your place in about 45 minutes.

R: fuck. I forgot dress shopping is today.

Josh smacked my arm when I swore but I just stuck my tongue out at him.

M: yeah that's why I called. It's 8:30 now and we're meeting Kim and Nicole at metrotown at 10.

R: ok. I'm gonna grab a quick shower. See you soon.

M: k, bye.

I hung up and threw my phone on the pillow. Josh turned and smirked at me, "want some help with that shower?"

I laughed and pecked his lips, "maybe in a few months, rockstar."

Josh groaned and fell back, "but that's soo far away."

I laughed, "josh, we've known each other for almost 2 years. I think you can last another 2 months."

He sighed as I went into the bathroom to shower. I started singing as I turned the water on, "I wonder what you're doing, I wonder if you've got it, I wonder how we used to ever go so long without it." I finished cross my heart and went on to celebrity status, "I look around round look around round I oughta, I take it up up take it out and take you nowhere." By the time I finished celebrity status I was out and had my underwear on.

I walked out with my towel around my shoulders to keep my hair from dripping down my back. "You know it's just cruel when you sing the dirtier lines then walkout in a bra and underwear." Josh said.

I smirked and walked into the closet to get dressed. I grabbed my red jeans and camm hunter shirt and threw them on.

I went back to the bathroom to start combing out my hair. I started singing wildfire, "sitting alone in a tiny room. Waiting for dawn it should be breaking soon. I know where you are and I know where you've been. But I never thought we would be here again. You say that you're lost you need to find yourself. Can't do that with me but with somebody else. You say that you're here but you found a new home. I'd say that's a nice way to say 'I'm alone'. "

By the time I finished the first verse I had my hair done and my concealer on. I grabbed my eyeliner as josh wrapped his arms around me and started singing, "I don't don't know how we could ever let this transpire. I guess I thought this love would always burn like a wildfire."

I smiled as I finished my eyeshadow and sang the last verse, "tonight you show up when I'm alone again, we haven't changed but now you're interested. Maybe you're here because you wanna come home. Or maybe you're just afraid to be alone."

Josh watched me as I put on my mascara and then turned me around so I could face him. "You sing so well. Why don't you do it more often?" he asked as he listed me up so I was sitting on the bathroom counter.

I shook my head, "I'm not that good." I said looking anywhere but his eyes.

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him, "why do you always insist that you can't sing or you can't write or you can't draw? you're amazing." He smiled slightly.

I shrugged, "about 5 years ago I was singing in my room, trying to song along to masterpiece theatre, teaching myself how to hold longer notes. And my mom came in and said she thought someone was torturing a cat. I know that she was just kidding but it's something that always stuck with me. She never did compliment me on singing or drawing or writing, tho I never did show her what I wrote. She always preferred to focus on what I couldn't do."

Josh looked at me with those sad eyes again. "But you are amazing." He kissing my cheek. "And talented." He kissed my other cheek. "And beautiful." He kissed my nose then pulled away.

I smiled, "and you have horrible aim." I said before leaning in and kissing him on the lips. We broke apart when my phone alerted me that I had a text. "Megan's a couple blocks away." I said as I hopped down and grabbed my wallet from our room.

I was about to walk downstairs with josh when I thought of something. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the guest room. "Rebecca. Now is not the time to watch movies." He laughed as I went over to my old dresser.

I glared at him, "call me Rebecca one more time." He put his hands up in surrender and sat on the bed. I bent down and opened the bottom drawer, and reached to the bottom of the pile of blankets before pulling out my song lyrics book. I went over to josh and held the book out to him. He grabbed it suspiciously. "I've written a few just from an idea that came to me. But most are me getting my feelings out." I said as he held the book. "I haven't let anyone but you read all these. But you can. And not just one I show you. You can read them all."

Josh put the book beside him and grabbed my face to kiss me but held back for a second, "are you sure?" He asked. I paused then nodded, this was the way to get to know everything about me. Things I couldn't describe outside of songs. He kissed me just before my phone went off. "Could you tell Megan to stop ruining the moment?" I laughed.

"She's outside. Bye rockstar, love you." I kissed him quickly.

He smiled, "love you too porce."