Thunder and lightning

As I got changed into my PJ's I noticed it started to rain really hard. I shrugged it off I've lived in Vancouver my whole life, rain cannot bother you if you live here. The only thing that really scares me is thunder storms, contrary to popular belief we only have about 3 a year usually all within the same month, nothing compared to Ontario weather.

As long as I can remember those scared me. I'm like Indiana jones. Almost nothing scares me, but we all have that one big fear right? Indy is afraid of snakes, I hate thunder, Josh is afraid if me. Haha. I laughed out loud at my own joke.

All the sudden the power went out, I grabbed my phone off the charger and turned on the flashlight.

As I made my way down to the kitchen the boys made their way up, I shone the light at them and Josh was glaring at me.

Camm and Pat both had their phones lit up too. they kind of led us all to the living room where we sat on the couch and chairs.

Josh sat in my chair. Like literally my chair, I brought the big arm chair from home since my parents didn't want it.

I walked over to him and stood in front of him. He raised his eyebrows, I sighed, "you're in my spot." I said matter if factly.

Camm laughed. He knew better than anyone that if, for some reason, I wanna sit in a seat instead of on the floor, you let me have my spot.

Josh chuckled. "And what are you gonna do about it."

"Make you move."

"And if I don't want to?"

I shrugged. And jumped on his lap. Like actually jumped up and landed in his lap. I could hear the air leave his lungs.

Camm laughed, as did the others. Josh shrugged and wrapped his arms around me, "you're warm." He said pulling me closer.

I looked at camm, who was currently holding in a laugh and rolled my eyes. "Oh no! he likes it!" I said trying to get up, but josh held me tighter.

Not gonna lie. I kinda like him holding me, but I can't let him think that. If I ever have to move back home. I want a home to move back to. Therefore, I struggle more with him and he laughs not easing his grip.

"So, now that we're all settled," camm starts, "we have a problem, with the power out so is the heat. And since it's only May it's still cold at night."

We all looked at him with a very 'your point being' look about us.

"I was thinking we could double up and sleep. Like when you go camping and in a cold night you sleep in the same sleeping bag so the body heat being shared acts like a furnace. " He continued, we all nodded. Knowing it was probably our only option. "So uh me and Tyler can sleep together, Pat and Matt since your names rhyme and ugh," he laughed and looked at Josh and I.

Josh stood up saying no about ten times fast. And yes. I was still on his lap when he stood up. And yes. It did hurt when I hit the floor.

I stood up, "what he said" I said pointing at Josh.

"Sorry gotta have it even so everyone has a bed. Tyler's isn't set up yet so he's with me. Besides the two insomniacs should sleep together so no one else has to stay awake because of them." Camm said.

"Fine. I'm going to bed. Camm, I'll get you for this." Then I turned and went back upstairs.

To make the night even better, after I got in bed the thunder started. I started breathing heavily, pulling the blankets up to my chin, putting myself I the fetal position. I seriously hate these storms.

A minute later Josh came in, "hey bec, sorry about tonight if you'd rather I can sleep on the - holy crap, what's wrong?" he rushed over to my side if the bed and looked me in the eye.

"I hate storms. Used to love them. But my uncle almost died getting stuck by lightning once. Hated them ever since."

He nodded and stroked my hair. "Well, was saying, I can sleep on the couch if you want, I'm sure I'll live with a blanket -"

"No! I mean. Please stay." I said moving over so he would have room.

He nodded and got in beside me. I turned around on the other side of the bed. I need someone with me, but I can't get attached to josh, like my mom said, he'll be here one day and gone the next, wow I wish she'd get outta my head.

Suddenly the room was lit up, and as soon as it lit, it was dark again. I counted in my head, 1-2-- boom. And jumped again.

Josh touched my shoulder. "It's close" I said barely above a whisper. I felt the bed move and he was closer to me, pulling me into him. He started singing Porcelain. 'Tears you cannot keep from me' really touched my heart. I sa and heard the storm still but I focused on Josh's voice and suddenly I was calm enough to sleep.

I hate to say it, but I could get used to sleeping with Josh beside me.