Epilogue

>>>>>

>>>>>

Sadie stood in her bedroom in her childhood home, her gaze raking over all her things. She held Archie in her arms, his dark blue eyes moving around the room; taking in things he wouldn't remember. She could hear Daniel cooing to Ruby in the next room, Peter watching over them; taking his role as uncle in his stride. She smiled softly to herself as she let out a soft sigh, looking down at her son. 

'What're we gonna do, my boy?' She asked.

His dark blue eyes stared up at her as a smile struggled to stay on his lips, only causing her to chuckle as she pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. 

'Aunt Sadie,' Charles ran into the room. 

'Yes, Charlie?' She turned to him. 

'Can we go see the horses?'

'Course, we can. Why don't you go grab your coat?'

'Can Danny and Peter come too?'

'Why don't you go ask them?'

'Alright.'

He nodded furiously, rushing out of the room calling the boys' names. She chuckled softly, heading out of her room to wander downstairs where she was greeted by silence. She stepped into the kitchen to find her older brothers sitting at the table with a whiskey in hand, Edward leaning against the bench behind them with Flossie at his side. 

'What's going on?' She asked. 

'Tommy told Will what his plans were for Michael,' James spoke lowly; 'Leaving us to only guess what your own are.'

Her gaze fell to the floor, a solemn look gracing her face; 'You lot don't need me anymore.'

'Bullshit, Sadie,' Edward sneered; 'We need you everyday.'

'We're safe, now. You can survive perfectly well on your own.'

James stood abruptly and strode out of the room, Edward following after him quickly; the front door slamming behind them, causing Archie to wake with a fright. His wail sounded as she quickly began to bounce him, patting his bum to try and get him to sleep once more.

'You had to know it wouldn't sit well with them,' Will sighed. 

'Yes, well, I don't need them acting like two year olds, do I?' She replied sharply.

'Sayd... You have to remember, we found out from our brother, not you. And that hurts.'

'How long have you known?' Flossie asked. 

'A day. I'm still trying to come to terms with it myself,' Sadie informed them.

'Aunt Sadie, we're ready,' Charles called as he came bounding down the stairs with Daniel and Peter behind him, Ruby in his arms.