22

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

It was well past nightfall when Arthur, John and Michael decided to get the guns out and head outside. Will had passed out about an hour before, drinking his anger away, and James refused to go anywhere in the dark with a gun; drunk or not. Sadie sat nervous in the kitchen with Ada and Polly, tapping the tip of her finger against her glass.

'Oh, go out there, would you?' Ada looked at her bored; 'You're driving me insane.'

'Maybe I should give them some bonding time,' She sighed.

'Get out there. You love guns as much as they do.'

'Ok.'

She nodded, throwing back the rest of her drink before she wandered through the halls; slightly swaying as she walked. She crossed the grass barefoot, heading toward the three silhouettes outlined by the small fire. The girl smirked when she saw Michael with John's gun in hand, Arthur's voice becoming more clear the closer she got.

'She rolls over all sleepy-eyed and she goes, Michael... Michael,' He swayed on his feet.

'What you going to make me do, Michael?' John moaned playfully.

'You boys are fucking crazy men,' Michael exclaimed.

'Better not be me you boys are talking about,' Sadie smiled slyly as she looked over all of them, taking the bottle of whiskey from John's hand.

'Why? Is that you you say to the boy?' John asked as he laughed.

'Not all of it,' She shrugged.

'But you feel it though, right?' Arthur asked as her looked back at Michael; 'You feel it.'

'Yeah,' Michael nodded.

'You can feel the power.... Now squeeze it.'

She watched at her boyfriend's determined face as he squeezed the trigger, the recoil sending his arms up into the air as he let out a cheer.

'Ah, fuck,' John muttered as he looked back at the bottles that were still in tact; 'Fucking useless.'

'Piss off, John,' Michael muttered.

'Michael, why does a pen pusher who sits on his arse all day want to fire a gun? Hm?' The eldest Shelby asked; 'Eh? Cock it again... Cock it again!'

'Cock it again,' John motioned for him to do so; 'Round two.'

The boy brought the gun up again, letting off the safety as he pointed it towards the bottles again. Sadie let John take his bottle of liquor back, taking the drink he poured for her with a smile.

'Oh. Look at that fucking face, John Boy,' Arthur stated, causing the man to mimic Michael's facial expression horribly; 'Look at that face. Now he feels it. But you won't feel nothing until you point that thing at a man. So, do it.'