6

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie had been sleeping when her bedroom door was thrown open, Polly striding into her room. She groaned at the noise, her head pounding from a long night of drinking with her brothers. They'd downed at least three bottles of whiskey between the three of them, Edward having the least drinks.

'Where is he?' Polly shouted.

'Pol, shut up,' She groaned.

'No. Where the fuck is my son?'

'What?'

'Thomas took you to see him, Sadie. Don't play dumb.'

The girl sat up, running a hand over her face as she fluttered her eyes; trying to let her eyes adjust.

'I wasn't exactly playing attention considering the fact that James was there,' She snapped.

Polly fell silent as she looked over her ill form, watching as she rubbed her eyes.

'You found James?' The woman sat on her bed by her feet.

'Tommy did,' Sadie sighed as she laid back down; 'Don't ask... I can't right now.'

'Sure. But do you know where Micheal is?'

'Micheal?'

'My son, Sadie.'

'Couldn't tell you.'

Polly sighed, 'I'll get some stuff to help your head.'

'Cheers.'

But the Loveridge girl shut her eyes once more, easily drifting back off to sleep.

>>>>>>

Sadie had missed a day at work, as had her brothers, but none of them seemed to mind as they sat around the kitchen; all with a smoke in hand. She made them a quick afternoon meal, John having come around earlier to remind them about the reopening of the Garrison and that they all should be there. The girl set out a plate each for her brothers, making two smaller ones for the kids, before she put whatever remained on her own plate.

She sat at the table and dug in, Will merely taking a bite before he pushed himself away from the table suddenly and marched away. She sighed, Flossie walking into the room; sitting where her brother once was. Sadie passed her the meal she had prepared for her, picking away at it. She looked at Edward as he merely moved his food around his plate, his eyes occasionally flickering to her.

'What is it?' She asked.

'Nothing,' The boy shook his head.

'Fuck off. What's on your mind?'