18

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie strode through the smoke and sparks of the car garage, her stride matching Thomas' as he walked beside her. Her bakerboy cap covered her eyes as she walked, a cigarette between her fingers. They were in Camden Town for business, some for herself and some for Thomas. They walked up the stairs to a dark office, the man opening the door for her before he stepped in behind her and closed it.

'Your brothers came to my house,' The man at the desk stated with a brief glance toward them; 'They said the Peaky Blinders had business with me.'

'You're not afraid of me,' Thomas suggested as he walked forward.

The girl stayed by the door, leaning back against the doorway as he best friend walked forward to sit; lighting a cigarette.

'So, what is it you want from a simple working man?' The man asked.

'Fear,' Thomas replied; 'Poor Mr Nutley drank too much. He went for a piss on the train tracks that run behind the factory. Train came. They found his body in Saltley broken into bits.'

'I know what you do. Tell me what you want.'

'There... The lot, complete warehouse. Bays four, five and six. You have the keys?'

'Yes, I have the keys.'

'What's in bay four?'

'Completed type fortys and type twenty ones waiting for the paint shop.'

'Bay five?'

'Paint shop and parts.'

Thomas hummed in agreement, 'So, it's bay six.'

'What is?'

'Give me the keys to bay six.'

'It's just old stock in storage.'

'Give me the keys to bay six.'

Nutley was slow to get the keys as he walked toward Sadie, pulling them off the hook. Thomas quick to take them and head for the door, leaving her to walk forward and pull out an envelope of money.

'For your trouble,' She muttered as she held it out to him.

'Give it to your charity,' He replied before walking around her.

She smirked, placing a hand on his chest to stop him from moving any further. She tucked the money away into his apron pocket, patting him on the shoulder as she started for the door.

'I'm only doing this for the safety of my family,' Nutley informed her.

'Keep this up and they shall be,' She replied before leaving the room.

Thomas was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs, not saying a word as they made their way back through the garage. He lead her to the sixth bay, where car covered by sheet made up the first half of the warehouse, before it moved into military trucks and tanks. She looked at Thomas with concerned eyes, but he didn't reply; continuing to look at the stock around him.