24

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

The horses stood calmly as they were tacked up by each of their riders, Sadie standing by Jimmy as she threw his saddle onto his back; Edward at his head, pulling on his bridle. Thomas was taking the boys in a hunting trip, to mend the bridges that had begun to crumble. Though she wasn't invited along on the boys trip, instead left to stay home and work; something she didn't really mind. She was ok with the Shelby's as long as her brothers were.

'Is he good to go?' Edward asked as he patted the stallion's neck.

'Course,' She nodded; 'I don't know how he's gonna go with the guns. He's used to the noises round here, so he might be ok. If not, just talk to him.'

'What about jumping?'

'You might have to have a competition with James to see who's better.'

The boy laughed, wrapping his arms around her; placing a kiss to her cheek.

'You have fun,' She instructed.

'I will. You have fun with Esme,' He chuckled.

'That's why I have an office.'

She sent him a wink, turning to hug the remaining two brothers as they came up beside her. They each kissed her cheek and made jokes about her having to work with the heavily pregnant Esme and Linda if she decided to show, before they took their horses and mounted up.

'Do I get a hug and a kiss, too?' Michael smirked as he stood behind her.

'You have got to stop sneaking up on me like that, might shoot you one day on accident,' She quipped as she turned to face him.

He merely chuckled, placing a kiss to her lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

'I love you,' He murmured.

'I love you, too. You stay safe,' She replied before pecking his lips once more.

'You and I are going out when we get back, just you and me.'

'Going out where?'

'That's a surprise, my love.'

She smirked, 'Alright.'

The couple shared one last kiss before Arthur called for the boy, Sadie watching him mount his horse and send a wink her way. She stood there in the middle of the road watching then, watching as all the boys rode away on horse back wishing she could join them.

>>>>>>

'They're off drinking and shooting rifles as we sit here and listen to the mugs swearing, spitting on the bloody floor for us to fucking wipe up! Without men here, they'll be like dogs pissing up the wall,' Esme exclaimed.