15

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

one year later

Sadie rode up the driveway of the family house, a smile on her lips as Flossie and Peter ran out of the house cheering. She slipped off Jimmy's back and leant down to catch them in her arms quickly, laughing as they wrapped their arms around her. Edward and James were still back in town, but she had wanted to come see her oldest brother and youngest siblings.

'Will! Sadie's here,' Flossie called.

'Coming,' The man replied from inside the house.

The Loveridge girl stood when her brother finally appeared from the house, wrapping her arms around him. It had been weeks since she'd seen him last, the man having needed a break from Small Heath for a little while. And Thomas was completely fine with it, being in New York and all, he didn't really mind.

'How are you?' He groaned as he rocked her from side to side.

'I'm good. How're you?' She replied.

'Fucking excellent.'

She smiled, glad to see a genuine smile on his face. She walked inside, looking over the house as she moved through the halls.

'How's James? And Edward?' Will asked as he poured them a drink each.

'Edward's good, biting at the bit, but good,' She informed him; 'And we think that James has recovered all the memories Polly can get to, so he's bloody happy.'

'I'll bet.'

'How are you and May?'

'Good. Very good... I think I might propose to her, Sadie.'

A grin was quick to break out on the girl's face, 'Holy shit!'

'Don't go getting too excited yet, it might not happen... How are things with Michael?'

'Good... Good.'

'You don't sound impressed?'

'I am. Very much so... I just feel guilty.'

'Why?'

'Because he told me he loved me... And-'

'You haven't said it back?'

'Yes.'

'Why won't you?'

'Because- I don't fucking know, Will.'

'Do you love him?'

'Yes.'

'Do you want to marry him one day?'

'Of course.'

'Bear his child?'

'One day, yes.'