47

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

It was a quiet drive to Charlie's yard, the siblings standing just outside the stables; looking at the building. Will was the first to walk in, the rest of them following behind at a slower pace. Thomas, Finn and Polly all stood on the other side of a table, their gazes following them as they walked toward them; Thomas sending them all a nod. Sadie took James and Edward's hands in her own as they stood there waiting, Will holding James' hand without a second thought.

She felt her heart fall into her stomach as Luca Changretta strode into the room, his men behind him with machine guns in hands; the same ones used to kill John and injure Michael. She gripped her brothers' hands a little tighter, feeling the blood drain from her face as she kept it blank. She watched Luca closely as he came to stand on the other side of the table, holding his hands in front of his as his men stood in the background; eyeing them all off.

The man muttered something in Italian before he spoke in English, 'All that's left of the Peaky fucking Blinders.'

He looked smug as he took a few steps forward, pressing himself right up against the table; standing just taller then Thomas as he looked down at him. He held his gaze as he clicked his gloved fingers, one of his men walked forward with a briefcase. He placed it on the table and began to sort through it, pulling out a stack of paper.

'I've had my lawyer draw up these papers,' Luca drawled; 'They cover, er, every enterprise in your possession. Bars, restaurants, warehouses... Every fucking thing that you've taken all these years to gather together. You will sign them all over to my family... Or you're going to die, right here.'

Sadie swallowed as he rounded the table, standing face to Thomas; smirking toward the Loveridge's.

'I would have buried you all,' He stated; 'But my mother, she, er, she knows you. She said it'll be worse for you if I let you live... And take away everything that you have... Search em... Especially don't trust this bitch. Or them.'

His men strode forward, everyone pressing their lips together at how Luca had disrespected their aunt. The Loveridge girl held her arms out to the side, letting the men search her. Their hands patted her sides quickly, moving down each of her legs and up both her arms. She didn't say a word, but merely cocked a brow at the man when he didn't move from in front of her.

But as his mates left, he did as well; letting her breath once more. Sadie's hands immediately found her brothers' once more, holding them tighter then ever as she tried to remain calm. But she could feel her heart slamming against her rib cage, a sick feeling sitting heavy in her stomach. She was so scared she was surprised she hadn't thrown up yet.

'So... Sign,' Luca stated as he held up a pen; 'Every fucking on of them.'

Thomas didn't move, watching the man with almost a bored expression.