46

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie had broken down once she got home, her heart shattering all over again. Every part of her aching again, her loud sobs muffled by Will's shirt. She hadn't slept, she couldn't without Michael; not after what had happened. The next morning, she stood in black out the front of her house surrounded by her family in tears once more as she watched Jimmy being lead down the lane with Curly and Charlie leading him as he pulled the caravan holding Arthur.

James held her to his side, his own tears rolling down his cheeks. Flossie walked forward with a small bouquet of flowers in hand, placing it in the side of the caravan as it passed; her own soft sobs sounding. There were Blinders and their families littering the lane, the occasional one placing something in the caravan. Sadie held Daniel in her arms, a thick blanket wrapped around him to stop the cold from getting in.

'Sayd,' Will stood in front of her as he ushered them inside; 'Come on.'

She let out a shaky breath as she turned away, stepping into the warmth of the house. James lead her into the lounge, sitting with her head in his lap. He ran his fingers through her hair, trying to get her to sleep. She eventually did. One hand in his, the other laid out by her head. The pair slept for hours, only to be awoken by the shrill ring of the phone.

James rubbed his eyes as he looked down at her as she yawned, a smile ghosting over his lips. The girl sat up slowly, leaning back into the lounge as she stared out into the air; her fingers linking themselves together. She listened to Peter's voice as he spoke into the phone, hardly making out the words as they blurred in her mind.

'Sadie,' He finally called from the hall; 'It's a man, he said it's something about Mrs Johnson.'

She stood, quickly making her way to the phone. She took it into her hands as the boy offered it up to her, a curious look on his face.

'Did he say his name?' She asked.

'No,' He shook his head; 'But he sounds awfully a lot like Michael, but he's in hospital.'

She smiled softly as he giggled, messing up his hair before guiding him back up the hall with a light push of her hand. She held the phone up, a soft sigh leaving her mouth.

'Hello, love,' Michael greeted when he heard her.

'Hello, baby,' She whispered.

'Is it true? Is Arthur dead?'

'Yes... The fucking wops got him.'

'Fuck.'

She blinked back her tears, swallowing to stop herself from crying.

'Mr Gold's coming to get me,' He informed her.

'What? Why?' She asked hoarsely.

'Mum said there's been a change of plans.'