31

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

It was dark once more when they pulled up out the front of the row of houses where they were holding Charles, the engine cutting out. They all sat silent for a second, the couple in the back staring out the window before Michael leant forward slightly.

'You wait here,' He spoke lowly and firmly to the men in the front; 'I'll do the killing. That's a fucking order.'

He slid out of the car, holding his hand out for Sadie to take. She took his arm as they started up the street, both of them quiet.

'I don't want you in the room when I do it,' The boy muttered.

'Michael,' She shook her head.

'No, because if something goes wrong... I don't want you to see. You need to keep the baby safe.'

'He's safe.'

They came to a slow in the middle of the street as Michael turned to look at her with furrowed brows, his hands coming to hold her small bump.

'He?' He queried.

'That's what I think,' She shrugged.

'Promise me, you won't get involved.'

'I can't-'

'Promise me.'

'I promise.'

He nodded, taking her hand once more with his gun in the other; leading her into the house. They moved slowly and quietly over the floorboards, Sadie behind her husband who never let her get too close to him. When the reached a room where the light became a little brighter, he motioned for her to stop and stay outside the door as he stalked in. She closed her eyes as she leant back against the wall, pulling her own gun out ready.

She clenched her eyes shut a little tighter when she heard Charles let out a sound, before the gun clicked as Michael released the safety. She peeked around the corner, listening to his heavy and quick breaths as Father Hughes stepped out the small room behind him; his shoes tapping against the floorboards as he took a few steps forward. Her husband slowly inched closer, his hand shaking as he held the gun high.

'What do you think you're doing, boy?' Father Hughes drawled.

Michael poked the barrel of the gun in his eye, causing his face to contort with pain.

'Please, don't,' The priest begged quietly as he held up his hands; 'Please don't shoot... Please, don't shoot. Please, don't. Please-'

She brought her hand up to cover her mouth when the man hit her husband's hand away, sending him to the ground with a punch.

'You rat!' He yelled before kicking him in the side; 'What do you think you're doing, eh? Do you know who you're fucking messing with?'

The girl stepped out of her hiding spot, holding her gun firmly as she tried to aim it at the priest, but he moved to quickly as he continued to bash Michael. He leant him over a pew and threw his fist into his face, his hands eventually coming to wrap around his neck. Sadie released the safety from her gun, before she ducked down; causing Father Hughes to let up on his neck.