9

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie walked through the street with James beside her, trying to see if he'd remember anything about their hometown. So far, nothing. She took him to every spot they used to hang out; the betting den, the canals, the Garrison, even the old school. But, he didn't remember anything. She eventually took him home, leading him up the stairs to their room; watching as he walked around it slowly.

'I'm sorry,' He muttered.

'Don't worry,' She waved him off, moving to sit on his bed.

She moved to grab his bakerboy hat from the bed post, playing with it in her lap. She looked up at him when his hand grabbed onto it, letting him take it before he sat beside her.

'There are so many things that seem familiar, but I can't remember why,' He muttered; 'Like this... It's like the memories on the tip of my tongue.'

'Would you like me to tell you about the day you got this?' She asked.

'Yes.'

She nodded, 'You were fifteen when Arthur and Thomas gave you this. I was just eleven. It was the day you got officially initiated into the Peaky Blinders, it was a late birthday present from Dad. You jumped around yelling and cheering because it was all you wanted, to become a Peaky fucking Blinder.'

'Wait. Say that again.'

'What?'

'Say that end part again.'

'To become a Peaky fucking Blinder?'

'I think I remember hearing that before, it's like a punch to the face... I remember being a Blinder. I just don't... Remember being a Blinder. You understand?'

'Yeh.'

'I remember, Sadie.'

She grinned toward him as she watched his own relieved grin light up his lips, tears sitting heavy in his eyes as he laughed. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. Sadie sat tense for a moment before she hugged him back, resting a hand on the back of his head.

'I want to try something,' She stated as they moved apart; 'And you're allowed to say no.'

'Alright,' He nodded.

'I want to try gypsy magic... I'm not a fan of using it, but it might do you some good. It might help you remember.'

'Ok.'

'Really?'

'I want to remember my life, Sadie.'

'I'll talk to our aunt, she'll know who to go to. We'll get your memories back, James.'

He smiled toward her, his dimples deep in his cheeks; anticipation sitting heavy in his stomach.

>>>>>>