20

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

It was three days later when Sadie woke gasping with pain as it shot through her abdomen, sweat covering her skin. She gritted her teeth as she placed a hand over her stomach, rolling out of Michael's arms. Another gasp left her mouth as she curled over into a ball as she sat up, pushing herself to stand as she raced to the bathroom. She shut the door as quietly as she could, leaning her forehead against the wall as she let out a loud gasp.

She could feel the blood running down her leg and onto the floor, tears falling down her cheeks when she finally realised what was happening. She could feel the floor becoming slippery beneath her feet as she turned to rest her back against the wall, a sob leaving her mouth. She gritted her teeth as more pain shot through her, a soft knock coming at the door.

'Sadie, are you ok?' Flossie's soft voice called through the door.

'I need you to get Aunt Pol,' She replied through clenched teeth.

'Why? What's happening?'

'I'm ok. I just need you to get Pol, don't tell anyone you're going... Please, Floss.'

She listened to the girl's footsteps slowly fade away, more blood falling to the tiles; leaving a small pool around her. Sadie let herself slide down the wall to sit, her arms wrapping around her stomach as she muttered ow's to herself.

'Sadie?' James' soft voice called; 'Sadie, let me in. What's going on?'

'Nothing, I'm fine,' She replied.

'Then why's Flossie gone to get Pol?'

'I'm fine, James. Go away.'

'Unlock the door, Sadie, before I wake Will and Michael.'

'You wouldn't.'

'I will.'

'Just go away, James. I'm fine.'

Another quiet sob was all it took for James to begin to barge his shoulder against the door, trying to break the lock. He ignored his sister's screams for him to stop, unaware of Will stumbling out of his room to see what the racket was about. When the door finally gave way, he caught the door handle as he fell forward; his eyes wide as he looked over her.

'Go away!' She screamed and pointed her gun at him; 'Get the fuck out, James! Go away!'

Will came up behind him, Polly pushing her way past both the boys and into the bathroom; crouching down behind the girl.

'Go away!' Sadie cried.

'Get Flossie away from here,' The woman exclaimed; 'And someone wake Michael. Quickly!'

Will pushing a crying Flossie out of the doorway, pushing her back up to her room and shutting the door. James stood shocked, staring down at his sister who lowered her gun as she began to sob; begging for Polly to do something.