2

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie stood in amongst the smoke on the other side of the rope that held her away from the destroyed front of the Garrison, her eyes raking over the damage. She'd sent for Thomas and the rest of the family, as had the coppers, the Bugatti rolling to a stop an hour later. She was quick to approach them, acting concerned for the well being of her family. Thomas sent her a subtle nod as he walked behind Polly, earning a quick wink in reply before she turned to walk with the woman over to the building.

'It happened at exactly seven a.m.,' Moss informed the head of the Shelby's as they ducked under the rope; 'Nobody saw anything. Our patrols were not in the area... Mr Shelby, do you have any idea who might have done it?'

'I'd say it was something to do with the gas,' Thomas drawled before clearing his throat as he reached into his pocket; 'It's just been fitted.'

He passed Moss a few notes of money, the man quickly taking it and placing it away. They watched as Polly slowly made her way into the unstable building, her eyes moving over everything as she examined every little aspect.

'Madam, the structure is not yet declared safe,' Moss called; 'Madam!'

But, his warnings went unheard as Polly continued into the building a few more steps, reaching down to grab something from the floor. She stood there for a moment before she came out, rubbing some strips of confetti between her gloved fingers.

'This is all over the place,' She informed Thomas as the man pinched a bit of confetti from his aunt's hand; 'Confetti.'

Thomas rubbed it between his fingers for a few seconds, showing it to Sadie briefly before letting it flitter to the ground.

'You can go,' He turned to look at Moss.

'Right,' The copper nodded before striding away.

Polly studying her nephews face, looking toward Sadie who kept her gaze fixed on the building.

'Who?' She asked as she moved to stand beside Thomas; 'Who did this to us?'

But the man never answered, looking over the building for a few more moments before he turned and ducked under the roping once more. Sadie shrugged as Polly looked at her, holding her arm out for the woman to take. She lead her through the town over to the office, leading her inside to the bustling workplace. The Loveridge girl was quickly pulled into the work as she stripped her jacket off, placing it on the back of her chair; answering the phone quickly after.

Bets were rolling in as she wrote them down quickly, before taking the next call. She spoke quickly and quietly, nodding to Edward when he came up beside her to take the phone. She cocked a brow at him, before he motioned to the back room where the doors were now closed. She nodded again, making her way through the bustling room only to be grabbed by John as he walked out.