27

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie sat with John and James in the back of the car as they travelled to Thomas', finally being allowed to see him after being home a week. She laughed as she listened into the boys conversation, every part of her wanting to tell them about the child growing inside of her, but her and Michael had agreed, they'd wait until they had everyone together as a group and when they were sure the child would survive.

She looked down at the wedding invitations in her lap, one for Thomas and one for a very special friend of hers who had informed her the previous day she'd see him soon. James helped her out of the car once they pulled up out the front, Thomas' maid meeting them at the door and instructing them to go to the kitchen to wait. She walked through the house with her brother, easily picking up his jitteriness as he walked, his shoulders were tense and his jaw clenched. She pulled him back before they entered the kitchen, nodding to John as he passed them.

'You alright?' She asked.

'No,' James shook his head.

'What's happened?'

'I got a girl pregnant.'

'What? Who?'

'Someone from that charity dinner... Fucked a few times and now, she's up the swanny.'

'Come, we'll ask the boys. They'll know what to do.'

She lead him into the room, smiling at Michael before she smiled at the rest of them; nodding to Johnny Dogs who sat in the corner.

'Right, Arthur. Who was that woman you used to go to, to rid of a child?' She asked.

'What?' The man recoiled.

'You know what I'm talk about?'

'No, I can't,' James sighed as he pulled out a cigarette.

'Are you sure the kid's yours?' Will asked.

'Yes.'

'Then think of marriage as a beautiful road flowers all the way down it,' Arthur drawled.

'Is he joking?'

'It's hard to tell these days,' John sighed as he took a breath from his cigar, offering Sadie a puff as she passed him to stand with Michael.

She took a breath from it, blowing the smoke in his face as she walked by him. She smirked when the tip of his boot just nicked her bum, causing her to skip forward to avoid it. The girl propped herself up onto the bench, pulling her fiance to stand between her legs; her arms wrapping around the front of his shoulders after she placed the envelopes beside her.

'Do you, uh... Do you love the woman?' Arthur asked.

'Fucking what?' James hissed.

'Go and marry her, like the rest of us.'