1

>>>>>>

 >>>>>>

Sadie rode into Birmingham on the back of her black quarter Gypsy Vanner, her eyes raking over the old town she called home. She smiled as she trotted slowly past the Garrison, her hands shaking lightly for a drink. But there were more important matters that needed to be seen to first. She rode to the front steps of the Shelby Company Limited building, grinning at the gold and black writing on the doors.

She slipped off the animal once she reached the stables, leading the horse inside. She peaked around the corner, into the room where she heard voices. The girl had received many letters from Thomas Shelby over the years, along with the rest of the Shelby boys, updating on her on what had become of her hometown. She knocked on the wood, letting her horse nibble at the hay in the corner.

'Hello, Curly,' She grinned.

'Sadie!' The man cheered as he trotted over to her; 'Sadie. Sadie. Sadie. You're back.'

'That I am, Curly Boy.'

She wrapped her arms around him, laughing as he lifted her up; placing her down quickly when he saw her horse.

'He's beautiful, Sadie,' Curly laughed; 'Can- Can I pat him?'

'Of course, Curly,' She smiled; 'I was hoping you could look after him whilst I'm here.'

'Oh, yes. Of course. Yeh. Yeh.'

'How long will you be in town?' Charlie grinned as he stepped out of the office.

'Charlie,' She cheered as she hugged him.

Sadie held the man who became like her father after she'd gotten back from the war, taking her under his wing.

'So? How long you here?' He asked as he let her go; 'You finished your... Running? Searching, whatever the fuck you wanna call it.'

'Yeh,' She nodded; 'I think I'm here for good. We'll see.'

She smiled, her dark brown eyes so much brighter then he remembered seeing for a long time. Curly brushed down her horse, muttering to him quietly as he worked.

'Alright, I hope to see you two are the Garrison later on tonight,' She called as she started for the door; 'Because Sadie fucking Loveridge is back in town.'

The men cheered as she disappeared from sight, laughter leaving her mouth as she started up the street. It didn't take her long to make her way back to the Shelby's betting den, walking inside in a quiet manner; eyes roaming over the busy workers, many faces she didn't know. Hardly anyone noticed her, all too caught up in their work. And it wasn't until Arthur's yell echoed through building, did anyone bother to look up.

'Fuck me. Sadie Loveridge, is that you?' He called.

'Who else would it be?' She replied as she turned to face with with a grin.