7

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie strode through the street with Thomas and Will, heading for the next business meeting that had to be sorted. Though, they were pulled up short as they passed the Garrison, Michael approaching them quickly.

'Tommy, I need to use the telephone,' The boy explained; 'Polly said you had one in the pub.'

'All right, be quick. I have business,' Thomas replied.

'I can take him, Tom, you don't really need me,' She chimed.

He looked at her for a moment, 'Alright. I need to speak with you later.'

'I'll stop by.'

Thomas nodded and started up the street again with Will, leaving the girl to take Michael inside. She walked inside, the barmaid moving out of the way quickly when she saw her; muttering a hello.

'Polly said Thomas owns this place. She said he owns lots of different businesses,' Michael spoke as she lead him out to the office.

'You gonna ever call her Mum?' She asked.

'I can't get used to calling her Mum yet.'

Sadie stepped into the office, waiting until he passed her before she shut the door and turned to him.

'Who are you calling anyway?' She asked quietly.

'My mother,' Michael answered quickly; 'I mean-'

'I know what you mean. What're you going to tell her?'

She avoided all eye contact with the boy, twisting her fingers around.

'I'm going to tell her where I am,' he informed her.

'And you better tell her you're going home,' She stated.

'Polly said I could stay for a few days.'

'You want to stay? Here?'

'I've only just arrived.'

'What age are you, Michael?'

'Seventeen,' He answered as he sat down in a chair.

'Which means it's not up to you, whether you stay or not.'

'I'm eighteen in a few weeks. I make up my own mind.'

The Loveridge girl smirked slightly, peeking up at him; 'You smoke?'

'No.'

'Drink? Had sex?'

She didn't receive an answer, figuring the boy knew where the conversation was going.

'If it were up to you, Michael, you would've done all those things and so much more by now,' She stated; 'You're going to call your mother and tell her you're getting the next train home. When you get there, you're going to write a letter to Polly saying when you're of age you'll come back here and sort things out.'