44

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie rode in the back of the car with Edward and Peter, their older brothers and Flossie in the front; Daniel in her lap. Thomas had called a family meeting, Arthur and Linda in the car in front. She was last to get out of the car as they pulled up to a stop, carrying Daniel into the house. She placed him down when he began to squirm, wanting to get down to play with Charles and Peter.

'Sadie,' Arthur called from the next room.

'Coming,' She replied as she started forward.

She stepped into the room, nodding to Thomas before she placed a kiss to Edward's cheek as he sat at the table beside Finn.

'Hello, sis,' He greeted quietly.

'Hello, brother,' She replied before moving to stand behind him.

She glanced around the full room, eyes moving over everyone she called family. She waved off the drink Finn offered her, smiling softly when he realised his mistake and sent her an apologetic look.

'What the fuck happened today, Tom?' Arthur asked after a moment; 'We all heard... Shooting in Artillery Square.'

'I think the entire fucking city knows,' She muttered.

'Yeah, there was,' Thomas nodded; 'Today I killed three men. Now our enemies are down to eight.'

'I suppose they, er, I suppose they took you by surprise, did they?'

'No. I knew they were coming.'

They all stared at the man for a moment, Polly stepped forward from the corner she stood in.

'Just after Christmas, I received a letter from Luca Changretta,' She stated; 'Offering to spare my son if I gave up Tommy... And I gave Tommy up.'

'Because that was the plan that Polly and I agreed on,' Thomas added; 'I knew that Luca would want to pull the trigger himself, so I used the set-up as bait to bring him here.'

Sadie felt sick as she looked at Polly, the woman holding her gaze as she sent her a subtle nod.

'You're a fucking idiot, Tom,' Will exclaimed.

'Look, I didn't get Luca but I got three, all right? That's it. That's what happened,' He stated firmly.

Her gaze fell to the door when Daniel and Charles came to stand in the way, looking at all of them. She leant down to pick her son up as he toddled toward her, his arms held up. She kissed the side of his head as she held him on her hip, bouncing him slightly; hearing a loud round of giggles.

'Aye, but he's right, ah,' Johnny Dogs spoke as he stood; 'I mean, I thought you'd gone soft.'

'So you got three?' James asked.