29

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie woke up to squealing and laughter, Flossie jumping on her bed as she sung a song she made up as she went. She smiled as she opened her eyes, looking over the small group of women standing around her bed. It was her wedding day. She was finally getting married to Michael.

'Sadie's getting married,' Flossie sung as she jumped around; 'To Mickey Gray.'

'Come here, you,' She laughed as she grabbed her little sister, tickling her sides.

The little girl squealed as she laughed, squirming around to try and get away from Sadie's fingers. She finally stopped once Flossie asked her to for the tenth time, letting her lay in her lap as she sat up. She couldn't help but grin as she looked around at the women waiting for her, leaning back onto her hands.

'Are you ready?' Pol asked.

'Fuck, yes,' She nodded.

'Let's begin then,' Lizzie clapped.

Sadie threw her legs out of the bed and stood, quickly being ushered downstairs and to the car with nothing but a coat over her nightgown. The chatter was immediate once they were all in the car, excitement sitting in the air. But nerves sat heavy in her stomach with a little bit of anticipation. Her cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing, and there was not an ounce of alcohol to blame for their crazy, upbeat moods.

As they drove, she was quick to learn that the boys had been out all morning prepping Michael and when they were to return to the house, they were not allowed up to the second level; it was girls only, according to Flossie. Sadie's eyes moved over the countryside as they drove through it, sitting quietly the remainder of the trip; letting it all settle over her. The moment they settled out the front of the house, she was whisked away inside and up to her room she stayed in when they came to the house.

'Hair, then makeup, then dress,' Lizzie listed.

'What about the drinks?' Esme asked.

'No, drinks. I'd like to remember my wedding day,' She replied.

The girl sat down in front of her dresser, Lizzie, Ada and Polly moving to begin as Esme and Linda fetched her some breakfast. Flossie eagerly dressed herself in her flower girl dress, which the tailor had made to perfection; Ada helping her do up the buttons. It was a soft pink in colour, making the girl's cheeks only look pinker as she grinned up at her sister.

'You look gorgeous, Floss,' She complimented; 'Come here, and I'll do your hair.'

Flossie skipped over and dragged a stool after her, sitting down in front of her. Sadie ran a hairbrush through her blonde, curly locks, leaving them loose down her back as she pulled the top little bit back. She pinned it down with jewelled pins, thanks to Will, smiling when she looked back up into the mirror to find her hair done as well. It was pinned back into a low bun, a gorgeous and yet simple headpiece placed just behind her hairline.