8

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Sadie strode into the betting den the next morning, pulling her jacket from her torso as she moved further into the room. Everyone from the Blinder's was there, Will and Edward included. She met Thomas' gaze as his eyes followed her, staying on her for a moment as she stood to stand just behind him with the rest of her siblings.

'Tommy, get on with it,' Polly pressed.

'First, I think we'll start with the good news,' Thomas stated; 'Sadie.'

'Um,' She tried to stop herself from grinning; 'My- Our brother, James Alexander, has been found. He's home, alive and well.'

Cheers sounded throughout the room, the men clapping and cheering with grins. Will and Edward looked shocked, the elder having been in Camden Town when she got home with James and Edward having stayed at the Shelby's. Both the boys hugged their sister, squeezing her tight as they grinned.

'Now,' Thomas cut off the celebration; 'Last night, one of our men had his throat cut in Winson Green. This morning, I had a telegram to say it was Sabini who ordered it.'

'And it says here that Thomas Shelby's next,' Arthur added as he began to rip the telegram up.

'If our men think we can't look after them in prison, they'll not work for us. Sabini knows that. So, we need to get the Green sorted out... Scudboat, you and one of the boys. Break a couple of windows and get yourselves arrested. I'll have our coppers get you into the Green and you can find the bastards who did it.'

'Instead of breaking a window, can we pinch a car?' Scudboat asked innocently, causing a few of the boys to snigger; 'What? Everybody else is getting a bloody car. I'm still on a donkey.'

'All right, just get yourselves fucking arrested, it doesn't matter how.'

'And before you all laugh, a boy is dead,' Will put an instant damper on the laughter; 'He was just a kid.'

'We'll start a fund for his family, Pol.'

'Agreed,' Polly nodded; 'So is that it? Can I go now?'

'Well, as company treasurer, I need your permission to spend a thousand guineas.'

'On what?'

'On a horse.'

Polly stared at her nephew, trying to figure out if he was joking or not.

'A thousand guineas on a horse?' She asked.

'That's right,' He nodded.

'When was this decided?'

'You've been busy with Michael.'

'Oh, my God. So, in the absence of common sense, you boys have had an idea.'