17

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

>>>>>>

Sadie had clapped when Grace and Thomas finally arrived to the table, earning a few rounds of laughter from her family. The woman sat as her husband stayed standing, pouring himself a glass of champagne. The Loveridge girl sipped at her own glass, becoming rather giggly the more she drank the stuff. Champagne was not something she was used to having, she was much better at holding her whiskey.

'To the bride,' Tommy raised his glass.

'The bride,' A chorus of people repeated as the entire table stood.

Everyone took a drink from their glasses, before they all sat once more. Thomas stood beside his brother at the head of the table, looking down at Arthur before he addresses the table once more.

'And now,' He cleared his throat nervously; 'According to tradition, my best man will say a few words.'

'Go on,' Will called.

'Here he goes!' John chuckled.

'Go on, Arthur!' James cheered.

'I'd like to, erm,' Arthur cleared his throat; 'I'm not one for speeches.'

'Sing, then!' John called.

'I will later, John. But I do, um- I do have some words written down here... On this piece of paper. This doesn't include everything that I want to say.'

Sadie smirked when she saw Thomas mutter something to the man, squeezing Michael's hand in anticipation.

'I will. I will,' Arthur agreed to whatever he had said before he put his paper on the table; 'But first- First a few words from the heart... Uh- This man here, my brother, Tommy, helped me survive through some of the worst times.'

'It's a wedding, Arthur, tell a joke,' Michael suggested.

'Yeah. Tell a joke,' She agreed.

'What I am trying to say is this... My brother, and the love of a good woman... Pulled me through that time. Now Tommy also has the love of a good woman. Her name's Grace. Like the grace of the good Lord. And even though the circumstances of their union was tragic-'

'Right, let's, uh, Arthur,' Thomas stood suddenly as he hit the table; 'Let's raise a toast, eh? To love, to peace, to marriage.'

Everyone stood again and raised their drinks, 'To marriage.'

They all took a sip from their glass as they sat down, Thomas patting his brother on the back as he stared blankly at the table.

'Well done, Arthur. Beautiful speech. Really nice,' John drawled; 'Really, really nice.'

But Arthur didn't say a word as he pulled his coat from the back of his seat and started for the door, Linda quick to follow after him.

'Where's he fucking going now?' John asked.

Reaching For Dandelions || Michael Grayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें