16

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

One Year Later

Sadie laughed as they lifted one of John's children onto the banister of the pew fronts, Michael beside her tickling his sides. It was the day of Thomas and Grace's wedding, the Peaky Blinder clan on one side of the aisle and the cockney's from Grace's family on the other sending them dirty looks. All she could hear was laughter and chatter, the cry of John's newborn child amongst it all.

She made fun of the cockney's across from her, laughing to herself as she mimicked some of their disgusted faces. She looked up at Arthur and Thomas as they stood by the alter, the elder of the boy's standing one step down from his brother. The Loveridge girl nudged Will as she struggled to stand from laughing so hard, finding herself quite amusing as she pulled another face. She leant down to pick Peter up when he tugged on her dress, placing him on the banister between Will and herself.

'I'm bored,' The boy whined.

'Pete, the cockney's don't know how to be on time,' She replied with a snort.

'That's about right,' Will chuckled.

'It'll be the bloody day,' James added.

The trio stifled their laughs as glares and dirty looks were sent their way by the men in bright red uniforms, before they laughed even harder when they saw the looks they shot Jeremiah walk down the aisle in his pastor uniform.

'What? Never seen a black man before?' Edward asked.

The Loveridge's laughed at their own joke, John and Finn smirking toward them before everyone quietened down as the choir began to sing. They were horrible, every high note sounded like a squeal.

'Sadie, they're horrid,' Flossie scrunched up her nose; 'I'd be a much better singer.'

'Up you go then, Floss,' Edward grabbed the girl by her waist.

He flung her up and onto the banister, James offering her a hand as she gripped Edward's; struggling to stand. Once she was balanced, gripping her brothers hands, she began to sing the same song as the choir; her voice much louder then the rest. Grace's side of the family turned up their noses at the sight of the girl standing on the church property, Thomas and Arthur smirking to themselves as they watched the girl who was like their little sister sing.

Everyone on the Blinders side watched the girl with a close eye, all in awe at the talent in her voice; something she had clearly inherited from her mother. Sadie nudged James, motioning for him to sing along with Flossie. He sighed, but sung along anyway; the siblings voices sounding perfect together. But as the bridal waltz began to play, she was quick to step down from the banister and stand between her siblings; leaving Peter on the ledge by himself.