Random Short Fics - Kaito x Maki

Hello everyone! I hope your day has been sunny! I had so many prompts off the internet that seemed to fit Maki and Kaito! But I couldn't form any decently long fanfictions, so I created this! I'm also trying a new writing style! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

  Shuichi and Kaede, mostly Kaede, were scheming a plan to get their two friends, Kaito and Maki, together. When I say this, I mean that Kaede had dragged Shuichi along on her plans of matchmaking. The two victims - I mean friends, were walking towards the Ultimate Detective and the Ultimate Pianist.

  Kaede waved excitedly to the pair, "Hey, Maki! Hey, Kaito!"

  Maki nodded politely at the blonde girl, "What was so important that you called us out here?"

  "Oh come on Maki Roll, you need to get out of the lab of yours." Kaito smiled as Maki glared at the nickname.

  "Don't call me that." Maki hissed through her teeth.

  "A-anyway! Are you guys free tonight? Around eight maybe?" Kaede changed the subject, elbowing Shuichi who had been silent so far.

  "Yeah, why?" Kaito asked.

  "Maki?" Kaede pressed, her eyes literally glowing.

  "Mhm." Maki shrugged, narrowing her eyes at Kaede.

  "Great! Me and Shuichi have something to do tonight, you two go on without us. Enjoy your date!" Kaede called as she dragged Shuichi away with a victorious smile on her face.

  "Did she just..?" Maki asked with the faintest blush on her face.

~~~~~~

  Kaito was laughing as Maki glared up at him with glowing red eyes. If the two of them weren't dating, Kaito would have surrendered to the assassin.

  "Why are you so cute, Maki Roll?" Kaito asked again as Maki's eyes seemed to glare harder, if that's even possible.

  "Call me cute one more time and I'll murder you." Maki threatened in a low voice that almost made Kaito believe her.

  "You wouldn't," Kaito said nervously.

  "I so would." Maki smiled evilly.

  "You love me too much, besides, someone as adorable as you couldn't do murder." Kaito placed his hand on her head.

  Mari was glaring daggers at Kaito, hitting him over the hand with her fist, "You're right, I do love you. To death." She smiled, calming down a little.

  Kaito chuckled as he watched Maki glare playfully at him some more, she really was adorable.

~~~~~~

  Kaito and Maki were hanging out in Kaito's dorm room before Monokuma's night time announcement. Maki was perched on the bed, twisting her hair in her hands. Kaito wanted to surprise the cold assassin with a hug, the idea that he was surprising an assassin didn't occur to him.

  The Ultimate Astronaut snuck up behind the Ultimate Assassin and tried to give her a hug. Maki's reflexes triggered, as she sent Kaito flying into a wall. Maki noticed who it was too late, but still helped him up.

  "Sorry Kaito!" Maki apologize quickly.

  "No, it was my fault. I shouldn't have done that to an assassin." Kaito flashed her one of his smiles.

  Maki hugged him, still muttering apologies. Kaito stroked her head as if she were a pet.

  "It's all right, Maki Roll." Maki wondered whether or not to get upset over the nickname, but the night time announcement interrupted.

~~~~~~

  Since the nighttime announcement had already played, Kaito refused to allow Maki to return to her room in case there was a murder happening.

  "I'm an assassin. I'll be fine." Maki had growled, but gave up soon after the argument had begun.

  And now they were sharing a bed together. Kaito thought that since his surprise hug hadn't worked very well, he came up his another idea.

  Kaito turned to face Maki, "You still awake?"

  Maki violently turned over, "I am now. Go to sleep!"

  Maki gently swatted at him with her hand, glaring playfully at him as Kaito ducked under his arms.

  "Sorry!" Kaito whined in surrender.

  Maki stopped, kissed his nose, and cuddled close to him.

~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed this one! I love you all, have a great day! Bye-onara!