Her Spot - Shuichi x Kaede

This was requested by @AnExistantPerson, sorry it took so long and I hope this is doing your ship justice! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Shuichi and Kaede had been best friends their whole lives. Shuichi was busy reading a detective novel while his best friend was resting in his lap with her face nuzzled against the crook of his neck. This was her spot. Whenever the shorter was feeling bad or tired she would always come to rest with Shuichi in a completely platonic way. There wasn't anything romantic about this display of affection.

That was until a few days ago when Shuichi started to blush whenever Kaede came to 'her spot'. It was nice, though it made his heart race in ways that he hadn't felt before. It was times like this that made his heart flutter the most. An exhausted Kaede, from having stayed up all night practicing piano, dozing against his side while the detective in training silently read a book.

"You shouldn't stay up all night, you know." Shuichi said softly. Kaede huffed, her breath tickling his skin.

"I know. But I was so close to perfecting it!" Kaede complained.

Silence drew out between them. It wasn't uncomfortable but Shuichi was struggling to put voice to the thoughts twisting in his mind.

"Umm, Kaede?"

The blonde hummed in response.

"Do you, uh, like anyone?"

The pianist pulled away from Shuichi, confused.

"I think I do, but I'm not sure. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason..." Shuichi tried to hide the disappointment in his tone, "Is it Iruma?"

Kaede smiled, "Nope~ They're much better than Miu."

Shuichi directed his gaze away as he continued to read, aware of Kaede's lavender eyes watching him intently. The detective got increasingly flustered when Kaede pulled the book out of his hands and placed it on the ground, forcing him to look at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," Shuichi murmured, looking away, "Maybe I'm... a bit jealous..."

The last part was so soft that Kaede nearly couldn't hear him but she did and her face was tinted with pink. Kaede smiled at him, hugging the navy clad detective.

"Don't be. It's you I like." She whispered in his ear. Shuichi nodded once, shocked that the blonde returned her feelings. Kaede settled back in Shuichi's lap. This time the taller didn't pick up the book again, he merely looked up at the sky as the blonde pianist nuzzled back into her spot.