Hatred - Shuichi x Kokichi

No one has died in the game yet. I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

  Kokichi knew that Shuichi probably didn't like him. In addition, he had pissed off Kaito, something that wasn't really his fault. Okay, maybe he did put poisonous spiders in his dorm... But he only wanted to scare the atrounaught! He didn't expect one to actually bite him, making both Shuichi and Maki yell at him.

  Kokichi knew that his chances were slimmer than every, he never wanted to hurt anyone. It was just his way of having fun. Maki, whom had been less apologetic than Shuichi, dragged the purple haired liar to Kaito and forced him to apologize.

  "Fine!" Kokichi snapped, ripping his arm away from Maki, "I'm sorry. Or am I? I am a liar after all~"

  The purple haired leader ran from the room. One of the reasons he told lies was because he didn't know how to talk to people normally. And it always went south when someone could see through his lies.

  For the next few days, Kokichi spend most of his time avoiding all three of them, knowing Kaito and Maki would kill him and Shuichi would give him that disappointed look. It hurt him, but if Shuichi was happy with those two, who was he to stand in their way? He wouldn't stand in their way anymore.

  As he was thinking these thoughts in the courtyard, Rantaro and Kiibo talking with him, he felt someone place their hand on his shoulder.

  "Can we talk?" Shuichi asked softly.

  "Oh? What does Mister Detective want with little old me?" Kokichi teased, trying to desperately hide his storm of emotions.

  The detective had cold eyes as he half-dragged Kokichi into the pool area, which was deserted apart from Kirumi. The Ultimate Maid read the room and excused herself. The navy haired male turned to him.

  "Firstly, why have you been avoiding me? Secondly, why did you try to kill Kaito? And thirdly, what's your problem?" Shuichi demanded, dull anger flashed in his grey-green eyes.

  "Woah, woah. I know I'm amazing but--" Kokichi began.

  "Answer."

  Kokichi sighed, should he tell the truth? Or tell another lie, the lies he had grown dependant on.

  "Well, I hate you and Kaito. And I want the killing game to start. Does that sum it up?" Kokichi smiled widely, pretending his words were the truth.

  Shuichi's eyes widened, "Y-you hate me?"

  "T... That's what I said, right? But maybe it was a lie." Kokichi's voice faltered slightly, it hurt to say these things.

  "Well then, I don't even have a word to describe what I feel towards you." Shuichi growled, his voice low, which made him all the more Teru-frying. {I'm sorry, I'll stop. - Author}

  "I--" Kokichi tried to speak.

  "First, you attempted to kill my friend. Then you don't apologize for it. Next, you ignore us. Finally, you're acting as if it never happened!" It was the first time Kokichi ever heard Shuichi raise his voice, especially at him.

  And it hurt. So much.

  "Y-yeah..." Kokichi knew he deserved every once of his anger, so he wouldn't defend himself.

  "S-so... you despise me?" Kokichi whispered softly, keeping his tears inside.

  "I truly despise you, Kokichi." Shuichi's voice sent chills down his arms.

  "I-I see, well, I'm off to do Supreme Leader things." Kokichi tried to look strong, like he didn't care, but his voice broke at the end.

  For a brief second, Shuichi's expression softened before it and he briefly considered he had been too hard on the smaller boy, but Kokichi had ran off before Shuichi cold say anything more. When Kokichi reached his room, his tied a rope to the fan, tying a loop on the other end.

  Kokichi pushed the rope away, feeling the tears he had held for so long slip from his eyes.

  "No, I won't," He whispered, looking at nothing, "I deserve every ounce of your hatred, Shuichi. I know that. But I'll do everything I can to ensure you make it out of here alive."

  Kokichi allowed the tears to flow freely for a moment.

  "Because..." Kokichi smiled despite his tears, "Because, I love you."

~~~~~~~~

Bonus Scene:

  Shuichi burst through into Kokichi's dorm room, seeing his body swinging in circles around the room as he hung from the ceiling fan.

  "It's a lie!" Kokichi called, as the rope snapped and he fell to the floor.

  "I hate you." Shuichi muttered, yet his voice seemed to be a little playful.

  "Hey, can you promise me something?"

  Shuichi hesitated before nodding once, "Take care of Kaito and Maki. You never know when they'll die."

  "I promise." Shuichi whispered, slamming the door closed.

  Kokichi's smile vanished, he'd have to start lying again. Pretending to be okay when their words were the most painful things he's ever heard.