Kokichi's Despair Disease - Part 3

Hello everyone! It's annoying me that I haven't finished this fanfiction yet so let's try this. I hope you enjoy this continuation!

~~~~~~~~

  "Shuichi?"

  "Yes?" Shuichi murmured softly.

  "Can I tell you a secret?"

  "Go ahead."

  "I love you."

  Kokichi pulled away from the hug, watching Shuichi's expression intently. The detective was silent was a few moments, confusion and a massive blush on his face.

  When it was clear to Kokichi that the other wasn't going to be getting an answer, he laughed, "You don't have to say anything, I knew that someone as amazing as you would never like someone like me."

  Kokichi jumped off the bed, ran out of the room, and away from everyone with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Shuichi watched him run off, confusion clouding his mind. He shouldn't have allowed the smaller to run off like that without an answer.

~~~~~~~~

  It had been a few days and Kokichi was avoiding Shuichi as if he had the plague. It was bad enough that the navy haired detective was beginning to get slightly annoyed at his childish behavior. You did reject him. A voice said in the back of his head.

  Shuichi still hadn't given the purple haired liar an answer to his confession yet. Even though Shuichi was pretty sure that he loved the liar back, he never got the chance to say tell Kokichi before he ran away.

  In the end, Shuichi ended up asking Kiibo for help.

  "Can you help me with something?" Shuichi asked hesitantly, three days after Kokichi's confession.

  "What do you need?" Kiibo asked curiously.

  "Umm, can you annoy Kokichi in the gym for me? I need to talk to him and he keeps avoiding me." Shuichi said nervously.

  "Sure." Kiibo said.

  "Thanks Kiibo, I owe you one."

  Shuichi walked quietly into the gymnasium, seeing Kokichi and Kiibo bickering about robophobic remarks. Kiibo had done another thing for Shuichi and ensured that Kokichi's back was facing the doors to the gym.

  Shuichi approached the pair quietly and when he was a few paces away, he spoke, "Hey Kiibo, can I talk to Kokichi for a moment?"

  The detective visibly saw the purple headed boy jump in surprise as he spun around.

  "Sure." Kiibo nodded and left the gym, while Kokichi attempted to follow, Shuichi blocked his path.

  "Kokichi. We need to talk." Shuichi said, looking the liar in his amethyst eyes.

  "I already told you that you don't need to let me down easily." Kokichi snapped, though Shuichi could tell that his mask was breaking.

  "You never gave me a chance to reply." Shuichi protested, grabbing Kokichi's wrist as he stormed past him.

  "Listen to me, Kokichi, please." Shuichi pleaded, he couldn't stand being ignored by him.

  Kokichi paused and finally looked back at the detective and Shuichi realized why he had wanted to leave so suddenly. Kokichi was crying.

  "Hey, it's okay." Shuichi soothed, pulling the boy into an embrace, running his fingers through his violet hair.

  There were soft sniffles from under him, though Shuichi pretended not to hear them.

  "Wow, Shuichi, making a supreme leader cry? That's not very nice." Kokichi teased, though his voice sounded fragile.

  "I love you Kokichi." Shuichi was done beating around the bush and decided to just go out and say it the the lair.

  Kokichi tensed, "Are you lying?"

  Shuichi pulled away from the hug to see fresh tears in the other's eyes. Gently wiping them away with his hand, he kissed the other. It was short and sweet, yet it seemed to say everything that the detective didn't have the right words for.

  "Say it again." Kokichi whispered as they pulled away from each other.

  "I love you, Kokichi." Shuichi whispered, kissing the other's cheek which made the purple haired boy blush.

~~~~~~~~

  This fanfiction was a little chaotic and I know it sucks however I don't know how to make it good while making it a decent length. Leave some suggestions in the comments and maybe I'll redo this part. I love you all, have a great day! Bye-onara!