Chapter 50

A/N: Here's the last chapter 😭😭😭Please enjoy!!! *dramatic crying exit*

***

The car ride home was quiet. Instead of following Ayesha home, he decided to follow Arjun so that he could talk to his mom.

"I'm fine," Kabir suddenly announced, breaking the silence.

"I didn't ask," Arjun replied.

"You weren't asking very loudly," he told Arjun. "Don't think I didn't catch those sideways glances you kept giving me."

Arjun gave a half smirk, he was caught red handed.

"I'm sorry how you and Raina turned out," Arjun said.

"Why did you steal her from me?" Kabir asked, sarcastically.

"No," Arjun answered, confused.

"Then why are you sorry?" Kabir questioned. "Raina and I just aren't meant to be. Just like Tara and I."

Arjun didn't know how to reply to that.

***

Raina sat at the waiting area alone, her mother and grandmother had wanted to use the restrooms before they boarded the plane. She couldn't help but think back on all the good times that she had. Working at Dr. Malhotra's office, spending time at her grandparent's house, her impromptu work-vacation to Goa with Kabir...

Kabir...

She felt bad for the way she treated him earlier but for some stupid reason, she couldn't bring herself to hear him say goodbye. It was as if it would really be the end of whatever they had. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes again. To distract herself, she pulls out a book from her backpack. Suddenly, a file caught her eyes, they were the house transfer forms. Till date, no one knew who the buyer was. The only person they dealt with was Deepak, the lawyer. Just as she was about to reach for the file, her mother and grandmother returned. She then decided against it and would only look at it on the plane.

***

Kabir had finally had the talk he wanted with his mother and realized that as much as she hated his alcohol addiction, she could not hate him. Seema just didn't know how to reach out to him.

He hugged his mother goodbye and was about to set off with Arjun when suddenly his phone rang.

"Kya (What)?!" Kabir shouted into the phone. "Chori kaise hua (How did it get stolen)?! It's a bloody audio track on a computer, check the damn history!"

Seema and Arjun exchanged concerned looks.

"Sunny?!?" Kabir asked, confused. "Are you sure? When?"

When Kabir finally put down the phone, he was enraged.

"Kya hua (What happened)?" Seema asked, clearly concerned about Kabir. Recently, it was rare for her eldest to be in such raging anger.

"Mere gaana ki audio chori ho gaye (My song's audio got stolen)," he told them. Kabir himself was unsure of it. "Sunny ne kiya (Sunny did it)."

"But it's impossible," Arjun said, unbelieving. "Sunny will never do that to you."

"Was it for your next album?" Seema questioned further.