Chapter 18

A/N: Am I the only one or are any of you also curious about Raina's past? And if you were, why didn't you ask? Lol... Thank goodness for Kabir 😂😂😂

Btw, anyone watched the trailer for Judwaa 2 yet??? (If not, it's in the media section😂😂😂) It looks pretty awesome and I'm rather psyched up for it... #teenagememories #pleasedontbearemake

***

After the phone call, Raina returned to the table. All except Kabir, who was still eating his breakfast, had left.

"It looks like we have the day free," Kabir told Raina. "So do you want to do some sight seeing or is there something else you have in mind? Di told me to have you back by 4.30 though."

"Sightseeing sounds great," she replied. "But I do want to get that appointment out of the way before we head out."

"Sounds like a plan," Kabir said.

Raina watched as Kabir ate his breakfast in silence. He seemed to be back in his usual solemn self.

"What's your family like?" Raina asked, voicing her thoughts out loud.

By the look Kabir had on his face, she immediately regretted it.

"I'm sorry," she told him. "I shouldn't have asked."

Kabir shovelled a spoon full of omelette into his mouth. He swallowed.

"Do you really want to know?" Kabir asked in return, shocking Raina.

"Will you tell me if I said yes?" Raina inquired, unsure about Kabir's reaction. During the entire duration of knowing him, Raina knew that Kabir could be unpredictable.

"I'll tell you," he answered. "But after you bore me with yours."

"Huh?" Raina gaped. "Why?"

"Because you're my friend," he responded. "And I hardly know anything about you. So, come on. Story time!"

Kabir bounced about in his seat like a little excited child.

"Alright," Raina relented. "I an only child. I currently live with my mum and nani (maternal grandma)... I feel stupid. Aren't I supposed to be the doctor?"

"Oh come on Raina," Kabir coaxed. "You're doing fine. Aur waise bhi (And besides), it's about time someone gave you a taste of your own medicine, doctorji."

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Raina asked, annoyed.

"Yup," he replied, popping the 'p'. "Too much."

"You're evil," she groaned. "At least when I'm doing it, I'm a bit more sympathetic."

"Ok sorry," he said. "Then, let's try this. Hum date ek date par hain (We're on a date)... And we're getting to know each other. 3... 2... 1... Action!"

"Are you serious?" Raina asked in disbelief.

"Haan," Kabir replied. "If you can play games with me, why can't I do the same? Now, action."

Kabir sat up straight and gave Raina his full attention.

"Toh (So) Dr. Raina Jaitley," he continued. "Please enlighten me. What is your family like?"

Raina smiled but decided to play along.

"Ok," she relented. "Like I said, I'm an only child. I live with my mom and nani (grandma)."

"Mom ka naam kya hai? (What's your mom's name?)" Kabir interrupted.

"Can you let me finish?" Raina chided.