Chapter 5

A/N: I updated on time!!! Yeay!!!

So, the trailer for Jagga Jasoos came out and ira131 and I loved it so she suggested it to be put in the media section. So... Fffffffffforteen July... I can't wait!!

***

Kabir was still pacing the living room when Ayesha reappeared and whacked him hard on his arm.

"Ow," he yelped.

"Iski kya zaroorat hai?" (What was that for?) Ayesha scolded. "She was trying to help you."

"I told you I didn't need help," he told her. "But both you and Sunny refused to listen to me!"

"I don't care," Ayesha told him. "Jao, Dr. Raina se maafi maang." (Go, apologize to Dr. Raina.)

Kabir looked at her as if she grew an extra head.

"Tum yahaan kyun khade ho?" (Why are you standing here?) Ayesha scolded him. "Jao." (Go.)

"No," he replied and walked away.

"Kabir," she shouted at him. "That girl can ruin your life! Imagine if word goes out..."

"I don't care anymore," he shouted back.

Ayesha chased after him and stood in front of him, blocking his way. Kabir gave an exasperated sigh.

"Kabir," she said calmly. She needed to get through that thick skull of his. Since Kabir was already annoyed with the doctor for touching one of his most sensitive subjects, Ayesha realized that another shouting match wouldn't help. She had to do this the nicer way (a.k.a. emotional blackmail). "We're all doing this for your own good. We don't want to see you suffer like this. You can't blame Dr. Raina for asking, she's just doing her job."

"Well," Kabir snapped. "Ask her to do it better."

Ayesha took a deep breath. Her brother could be such a child.

"The reason we chose her was because she didn't know your past," Ayesha explained. "Sunny and I want someone who can do their job without prejudice or preconceived notions and Dr. Raina fits the bill. Give her a chance will you? She's not a bad person."

"Fine," Kabir said reluctantly. He hadn't thought of it that way, maybe she really is that clueless. And maybe he WAS a bit too harsh on her.

"So what are you still doing here?" Ayesha prompted. "Jao. (Go.) Chase after her and tell her you're sorry."

Kabir rolled his eyes but still chased after the doctor. He spots her just outside the gate.

"Oye hello," he shouted from just outside the front door. "Doctorji!"

That caught Raina's attention and she turned around. Upon seeing Kabir, she quickly turns away from him. What else does he want​? He walked up to her and taps her on her shoulder.

"Excuse me," he told her. "Main aap se baat kar rahe hoon. (I'm talking to you.)"

"Jaanti hoon, (I know)" she replied. "Lekin mujhe aap ki saath baat karne mein koi interested nahi hai. (But I'm not interested in talking with you.)"

"Aap... (You...)" Kabir started but decided that it would be better if he bit his tongue. He was here to apologize not to start another fight. "Look, I'm sorry. Gussa mein shayad maine kuch zyada bol diya. (I might have said some things in anger)"