Chapter 32

A/N: So, Thor is out and I can't wait to watch it!!! Tickets for this weekend was sold out so, I'll have to wait till next week... Fingers crossed!!! With so many awesome movies releasing at the end of the year, I think I'm going to be broke till next year 😭😭😭

There's music in this chapter and I decided to put it in with the text to make it easier to know when to play. Let me know if this is a better option or do you prefer it being in the media section.

***

The word 'surprised' would be an understatement for Tara. She hasn't expected the last performance at all. And Vishal, how did he find time to practise? He was constantly surrounded by people and then there were the ceremonies...

The Sangeet had ended an hour ago and all the guests had left. Tara retreated into her room where she had changed into a simple t-shirt and shorts. She pulled out her phone with intentions to check her messages but when she saw the time, Tara realized that she only had approximately 17 hours before she became Mrs. Vishal Banerjee. Slightly unnerved by this, she decided to go on a walk to clear her head.

It was late at night and there were almost nobody left downstairs except the hotel staff. Upon reaching the pool, Tara was surprised to find a familiar lone figure sitting on one of the beach chairs.

Kabir.

She waved at him to catch his attention. Kabir immediately waved back and then beckoned her over.

"So," Tara said as she sat down next to him. "What are you doing here alone?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" Kabir asked in return. "Don't you have some ceremony to attend or have people to meet?"

He then looked at his watch.

"Or catch up on your beauty sleep?" Kabir added.

"The Haldi isn't until tomorrow morning," she answered. "And I've probably met everyone, which means, I'm free for the night."

"Is that a good thing?" Kabir asked.

"Of course," she replied. "It's a very good thing. You know what? Just wait till it's your turn to get married. You'll be praying for people to leave you alone."

Kabir smiled at her.

"And you?" Tara asked.

"Can't sleep," Kabir replied. " And I had a feeling that I'll find you here. Or in this case, you found me. You know, I never got a chance to properly apologize for my attitude... And for everything."

"Then what do you call the debacle earlier?" Tara retorted. "That was like something pulled out of a Yash Raj movie. Or a sappy Karan Johar."

They laughed.

"It was," Kabir remarked. "Wasn't it?"

"I forgave you a long time ago," she told him. "You just had to forgive yourself."

Kabir rubbed his neck nervously.

"Yeah," Kabir murmured. "I'm getting there. And I forgive you too. That night when we talked, I had just came from running into Arjun. I wasn't in a good place and I'm sorry I took it all on you. I also want to say that I still love you, Tara, and I want you to be happy. Even if it means we aren't together."

Tara smiled and enveloped Kabir in a hug. He hugged her back. They stayed there for a while, relishing each other's company. A single tear slid down Tara's face.

Kabir then broke the hug apart and Tara wiped the tear away.

"I have something," he said as he stuck his hand into his pockets. He then pulled out a bottle. "A little something to celebrate."