Chapter 1

A/N:  Ranbir and Anushka's nok joke friendship "vatavaran" (vibe) inspired me to write this... Especially the second half  of this chapter ;P And after that episode of KWK with Ranbir and Ranveer... The both of them should make a movie together!!!

Sadda Haq is supposed to be playing in the background but I can't add music into the text. Please try to find a way to read it with the music (and turn it off when it's supposed to be off) ;P

If anyone knows how to do so, please share it with me... I know there used to be such a function but it's no longer there (or I'm blind)... Help???

***

The room was engulfed in pitch black darkness, the silhouettes of its occupants can barely be made out. The room is still, save for the music that is being blasted loudly over the stereo in the background.

Click.

A flicker of light suddenly illuminates the dark room. A small table lamp. However, as fast as it manages to spread it's light, it disappears, returning the room into a state of darkness.

Click.

The lamp is turned on again. This time the light lingers on a little longer before being turned off again. This play of darkness and light continued until a new presence made herself known in the room by turning off the stereo.

"Kabir!"

Kabir, the one that had been playing with the lights, did not flinch. He had already expected it. Instead, he turns on the table lamp and looks intensely at his glass of whiskey on the rocks in front of him; as if he were examining it's contents. Kabir raised it to take a drink only to find the glass being rudely yanked away.

"Stop drinking," she shouted. "Yeh tune kya haal bana rakha?!" (What have you done to yourself?!)

He took no notice of her and walked passed her to the stereo. Kabir switched it back on, causing her to flinch as the music suddenly blasted throughout the room. It was his song, she noticed. One from a distant memory. From a very different time of his life.

Kabir Varma was once the lead in the famous boyband VKAS and a teen sensation. He later ventured out as a solo artist and has had multiple awards under his belt. However, after breaking up with his longtime girlfriend, things took a turn for the worse. Kabir turned to alcohol to numb his pain which undoubtedly led to more trouble. A loose canon, producers are terrified to sign him on. After an incident that happened during one of his shows, they completely stopped. Now, it has been three years since he had delivered a hit, or any new songs for that matter. His only companions were his childhood best friend and ex-band mate, Sunny Singhania as well as Sunny's wife, Ayesha, who happens to be his sister and is now fuming with anger inside his room.

"Kabir," she scolded him as she turned the stereo off again. "Stop this nonsense at once!"

There was a long silence before Kabir finally spoke. "Woh shaadi kar rahi hai." (She's getting married.)

"Kya? (What?)" Ayesha asked, confused. "Kaun? (Who?)"

Kabir didn't answer, instead, he slides a card across his desk towards Ayesha. Ayesha went over to take a look. Oh...

Vishal Banerjee
Weds
Tara Rai

Tara Rai was Kabir's childhood friend and ex-girlfriend. They had been through thick and thin only to break-up at the peak of Kabir's career. The rest was history. Ayesha never knew the real reason behind their break up but she knew it had changed her brother completely. As if to make things worse, Tara was getting married to Vishal, who was also a close friend of Kabir's and the drummer of VKAS. Kabir had always favoured him out of the entire band because Vishal brought a breath of fresh air when he joined. His ability to rap matched Sunny's and their combination had changed VKAS' music trajectory and brought them to greater heights of fame. Ayesha now understood her brother's sudden mood swing.