Chapter 34

A/N: I'm back!!! I'm glad to announce that after a whole month of NaNoWriMo, the prequel to this story, In Love With My Brother's Best Friend is officially finished, making it my first completed story on Wattpad!!! Woohoo!!! If you still haven't checked it out and you want to, here's the link:

https://my.w.tt/UiNb/p3XD6PnS6H

If you want to know how my NaNoWriMo experience is, let me sum it up in 5 words. Sleep deprived, hectic but satisfying. Am I going to do another one next year? Well, only time will tell... For now, here's the next chapter...

P.s., ootd in the story part, you'd understand why once you get to those parts.

***

After the pool debacle, Kabir had left to change. When he returned, he was dressed in a white t-shirt, jeans and a baseball cap.

"You're wearing this for the rest of the ceremony?" Seema questioned him.

"Haan (Yes)," Kabir replied. "I don't have anymore clothes to wear. I even wore all my spares to the other functions. You see, I actually didn't want to attend them but everyone forced me to. I don't even have a suit for tonight. Wait... Correction, I only have a Western suit for tonight."

"Haye Rabba (Oh God)," she said to herself. "What am I going to do with this child?"

Kabir let out a snicker. He has a feeling earlier when he was putting on his clothes that his fashion designer mother would have a mini heart attack when he appeared in front of her. And he was right.

"Chalo mere saath (Come with me)," she told him.

"Kahan (Where)?" Kabir inquired.

"The boutique," she replied. "We're getting you a traditional suit for tonight."

"What about the ceremony?" Kabir asked. "We can't just leave half way through, right?"

"Look around you," she told him. "It's almost over. And I'm sure your doctor wouldn't mind me stealing you for a few moments."

Kabir made a face.

"She doesn't own me," he pointed out.

"No," she responded. "But she's supposed to be looking out for you, right?"

"I guess," he replied.

"So?" his mother asked. "Can we go now?"

Kabir looked around at his surroundings. Well, the ceremony did look like it would be ending soon. Suddenly, he had a thought.

"Just give me one second," he told her before speeding off to Sunny.

Seema watched him tell Sunny something before the both of them went their separate ways. He then jogged up to her.