Chapter 25

A/N: I swear it's a universal thing that mothers:

1) Panic at the word "guests"
2) Suddenly, wants to clean the house when it's already clean
3) Forces every member of the family to take part because apparently cleaning is family bonding time (What happened to game nights?)

Am I right? (Maybe I should turn this into a scene???)

And if you're wondering why I didn't manage to update yesterday... Here's your answer... 😂😂😂

#ootd in the media... And new special appearence casts... Aruna Irani as Vishal's daadi and Juhi Chawla as Tara's mom... It would be weird if I don't introduce you to their family members when it's Vishal and Tara's wedding.

Ok, so you guys enjoy the story while I go back to my chores...

***

After brunch, Raina joined Ayesha and Di at the hall for the Mehndi ceremony. Upon spotting the three of them, Tara called them over.

"I heard you girls had quite a bit of adventure after I left last night," Tara taunted.

"Let's not talk about it," Ayesha groaned. "I can still taste the alcohol in my mouth."

Di nodded in agreement as Tara laughed.

Suddenly, a pair of arms snaked around Tara and she squealed. Di, Ayesha and Raina stifled a smile as Tara turned around to meet a grinning Vishal.

"Vishal?" Tara asked, surprised. "Aap yahan kya kar rahe ho (What are you doing here)?"

"Hi mere hone wale biwi (Hi my future wife)," Vishal said. "I'm here to deliver the shagun ki mehndi (auspicious henna)."

"Acha (Really)?" Tara asked. "Then where is it?"

Vishal whishked Tara around and behind him stood his daadi (paternal grandmother) with a tray. She was dressed in a cream coloured saree and looked very elegant.

"Bas (Enough)," Vishal's daadi scolded and playfully whacked him on his arm. "Tara ko choddo aur jao yahan se (Let Tara go and leave). This event is for girls only."

"Oo...kay daadi," Vishal said, sheepishly. He then planted a quick kiss on Tara's forehead and ran off. "Bye."

"Bye," Tara giggled.

Tara then bent down to touch Daadi's feet and Daadi blessed her. It was the same with Di and Ayesha.

"Aur yeh kaun hai (And who is this)?" Daadi asked.

"Daadi," Tara introduced. "Yeh mere dost (This is my friend), Raina. And Raina, this is Vishal's daadi."

"Namaste," Raina said and then proceeded to touch her feet.

"Jeete raho," Daadi replied.

"Chalo (Let's go)," Di said. "Jalti rasm start karo (Hurry up and start the ceremony). If not your mehndi won't dry in time."

"Haan,"Daadi agreed and ushered the girls to the front of the hall. "Chalo, chalo (Let's go)."

They had to trod carefully as there were many colourful cushions and mats strewn around the hall. At the front of the hall, there was a single white sofa on a slightly elevated stage decorated with colourful screens and curtains.