Chapter 41

A/N: Finally, an update that's not a month away... 😂😂😂 I still don't know when can I go back to my one week once update but I'll try to update as quickly as possible... 😁😁😁

For now, here's the next part to the story... Enjoy!!!

***

"Kabir, eating and drinking up my entire month's supply wouldn't help you feel better," Sameer chastised.

Kabir sighed as he put down his 7th can of Pepsi. Sameer can be quite a mood spoiler sometimes.

"Aur kya karoon (What else can I do)?" Kabir asked his friend, jokingly. "I was bored and upset, aur aap busy tha (and you were busy). I'd love to entertain myself but then I can't touch alcohol or else everyone would kill me."

This time, it was Sameer's turn to sigh. As much as he enjoyed Kabir's friendship, Kabir can be quite annoying sometimes. Especially, when Kabir decides to show up unannounced at his restaurant in the middle of the lunch rush hour. Only when Kabir was ushered into the "staff only" parts of the restaurant, did the crowds calm down and normalcy returned. However, two hours later, after the crowds subdued, Sameer found his friend rummaging through his stock cabinets instead, eating and drinking anything that was in sight.

"Your alcoholic tendencies are going to end up giving you a liver failure," Sameer stated. "Can you please not add diabetes to that list? Come on, the coast is clear. Let's talk somewhere else."

Kabir crawled out of Sameer's supply cabinet with his hair disheveled and bread crumbs all over his shirt. In short, he looked like a mess.

"Can someone please help clean this up?" Sameer then hollered out to his staff. One of them quickly nodded and went to grab the cleaning supplies as Kabir was led out of the kitchen.

"So," Sameer said as they sat down in an empty restaurant. "What's got you so down in the dumps?"

"Rahul sir ne mere new album reject kar diya (Rahul sir rejected my new album)," Kabir told him.

"That's it?" Sameer laughed. "I thought you had a fight with your new girlfriend."

"Not funny," Kabir sulked. "And she's not my new girlfriend, she's my doctor."

"I like how you assume we're talking about Dr. Raina here," Sameer smirked. "Is there really nothing going on? The two of you seemed really close at Vishal and Tara's wedding."

"For an entire week people have been asking this same question," Kabir huffed. "What else do you expect? And no, I'm absolutely sure she's not my girlfriend."

"I was just asking," Sameer shrugged. "In that case, then why don't you go to your doctor? I'm sure she'll be able to help you better."

"I was," he confessed. "But I thought I'd drop by first, since we didn't have much time to catch up during the wedding."

"About that," Sameer said. "Where were you during the reception?"

"Raina's nani (maternal grandmother) got admitted into hospital," Kabir revealed. "I was with Raina the whole time."

"And you have the audacity to say that the both of you aren't dating," Sameer jokingly scolded. "According to everyone else, the both of you are inseparable, practically joint to the hip."

"Shut up yaar," Kabir retorted. "She's just a friend. You know, I'd do the same for you, right?"

"Fine," Sammer relented. "But as soon as you two start dating, I want to be the first to know."