Chapter 38

A/N: Sorry for disappearing for such a long time but I had dance finals exams and work went nuts. In the midst of it, I also celebrated (still celebrating actually, since it's for 15 days) Chinese New Year (because my mom's Chinese) and a very single (rehersal filled) Valentine's Day...

But I managed to finish this chapter (after a lot of edits and interruptions) and as promised, here it is!!!

***

After dropping Raina and her mom, Kabir headed straight home. Although Kabir was accustomed to being alone at home, he hated it. The silence was a constant reminder that he had demons to fight. Pushing away his dark thoughts, Kabir made his way to his room and unpacked. He even did a load of laundry before deciding to call it a night. Kabir hadn't noticed how tired he was until his head hit the pillow.

Kabir woke up the next day at 3pm,  only because he was feeling hungry. Still hazy from sleep, he rummaged through the fridge, expecting to find something to eat only to remember his sister clearing out the fridge before they left for Tara and Vishal's wedding. His mind wandered back to the events of the past week and smiled. He was even somewhat amazed at all the progress he made and it was all thanks to Raina. Raina! He suddenly remembered that he ought to call Raina and asked her about her grandmother. However, as soon as he turned on his phone he realized that Raina had already texted him. She told him that her grandmother was fine other than having a slight bruise and was already home. He sent her a reply wishing her nani a quick recovery and absent mindly asked her if she wanted to grab lunch.

I already had lunch. Did you just wake up? 😜 - Senti Wala Mental Doctorji.

Kabir smiled at her response.

Yup. 😅 How about coffee then? - Kabir

I'm kind of busy today. I have a week's worth of cases to catch up on. 😭 - Senti Wala Mental Doctorji

Kabir smirked as he opened his GPS app.

Yes! Kabir mentally cheered as he found the location he was looking for. Now, about that coffee...

***

As Raina was picking her grandmother up from the hospital, she decided to drop by her office to pick up her case files. After seeing the amount of files on her desk, she immediately regretted it. Raina suddenly missed the sandy beaches of Goa and being in the the company of her new found friends. And it was all because of Kabir.

She then remembered that Kabir had asked her to update him if there was any updates regarding her nani, so, she shot off a quick text to Kabir and begun loading her case files in her car.

"You just came home from Goa," her nani sulked. "Aren't you going to spend some time with me before you go back to work on Monday?"

"I'll spend as much time as you want me to but please let me finish my work first," Raina pleaded.

"Tum bilkul tumhare nana pe gayi  (You're exactly like your grandfather)," Nani told her. "Logon ne seva, ghar walon ne bhula (You serve the others but forgotten your family members)."

Raina laughed at her grandmother's remark.

"Then you should be proud someone is continuing the family traditions," Raina joked.

"I didn't say I'm not proud," she retorted. "I'm just saying you should focus on other things other than work. Don't let work get in your way of happiness."