Chapter 27

A/N: I had family over so I couldn't update in time... Sorry 😁

I swear, my cousin's kids are the cutest things ever and they'll be the death of me. Everytime I pull out my phone, they'll want to see what's on it   (nosey little things) and I let them 😂😂😂. And then, I'll end up watching Peppa Pig on Youtube. 😂😂😂 So, there went all my writing attempts...

I did, however, write up to almost 3k words (2,944, not including the A/N) for this chapter. So, I hope that made up for something 😁😁😁 (It's a bad offer, I know)

***

Raina hated to admit it but having a meal alone, especially in such a setting, was pure torture. She sat alone, as far away as she could from all the glitz and glamour. Raina wished she had her notebook with her so she could at least pass time by working. Unfortunately for her, it was stashed away in her backpack and locked up in her room. She had finished her meal quite a while ago and played a few games of angry bird to pass time. She wondered if she should text Kabir. Just to check on him. After all, they were supposed to meet up after dinner.

Suddenly, someone sat down in front of her, breaking her train of thoughts.

Arjun?

"Hi," he said. "Can I join you?"

Raina smiled at him.

"As long as I'm not front page news," Raina answered. "Sure."

Arjun smirked.

"The press is the least of our problems," he told her. "I'm not like Kabir."

"What do you have against Kabir anyway?" Raina asked, curious.

"It's complicated," he replied. "And as far as I'm concerned, I don't owe you an explanation. You're Kabir's doctor not mine."

Before Raina could say anything, her phone buzzed. From the corner of her eyes, she could see that it was a message from Kabir.

Hello Doctorji :) I see you.

Raina's eyes dated around the restaurant, scanning for Kabir among the crowd. Arjun too, looked around, curious as to what Raina was looking for.

"What happened?" Arjun asked.

"Nothing," she replied, turning her attention back to him. "I thought I saw something."

"Oh," he said. "I'm surprised Kabir's willing to let you out of his sight."

Her phone buzzed again.

Why are you with Arjun?

Speak of the devil.

"I'm a grown person," Raina answered. "I don't need to be constantly supervised."

Buzz...

Don't believe a single thing he says about me.

"It's Kabir isn't it?" Arjun guessed. Raina nodded. "I knew it. You see Dr. Raina, you might not need to be constantly supervised but Kabir is sort of a control freak. Despite his so called, 'random' and chaotic life, he has an inclination to keep everything within his reach. He hates things he can't control."

"So I've been told," Raina answered.

"Can I be honest with you?" Arjun asked.

"Sure," she replied.

"I might not be very close to my brother," he stated. "But, if you're planning anything that will cause him any harm, I promise you, you'd never hear the end of it from me."