Chapter 42

A/N: Hello everyone!!! How you doin'??? 😂😂😂 So, I actually just realised that more a year has passed since I started this book and I want to thank everyone for staying by this book and it's prequel. I am forever grateful and in debt to all of you. You guys motivate me to write and honestly, I never thought I'd ever get this far. Thank you everyone!!! ❤❤❤

***

Thursday came earlier than expected and Kabir dreaded every minute of it. It was not because of all the questions Raina was asking (he had gotten used to them), but he had a gnawing feeling that this might be the last time he was going to see Raina. Within the last half an hour with Raina, he has lost focus more times that he could count.

What's wrong with me? Kabir thought to himself.

Raina too, seemed to have noticed it.

"Kabir?" Raina finally asked. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah," he muttered. "I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me."

"Is there anything that's bothering you that you may want to talk about?" Raina asked further.

"I..." Kabir started. He can't let such a petty thing ruin his last session with her. He reconsidered his words before replying. "I'm just wondering what will happen after this. You know, since my album won't be releasing anytime soon."

"I'm sure you'll figure something out eventually," she replied. "The end of your music career isn't the end of everything. Maybe it could be the start of something."

Kabir nodded.

"And us?" Kabir sheepishly asked. "This is the last session."

Raina smiled gently.

"I thought you decided we were going to remain friends after this?" Raina asked in return.

"Yes but..." Kabir fumbled. "You're right. It's the end of our 'professional' relationship and the start our friendship."

Raina laughed.

"You make it sound as if we weren't friends before this," she said.

"Well," Kabir replied, running his hand through his hair. "We did kind of fight within the first five minute of knowing each other."

They shared a laugh together.

"Alright," he said as the laughter died down. "Let's continue the session."

The session continued without any hitch but Kabir couldn't shake his restless feeling.

"Ok," Raina announced. "Shall we play one last game before we end the session?"

Kabir nodded.

"Do you remember how to play never have I ever?" Raina asked.

Kabir nodded once more.

"Ok good," she replied and handed him the card.

This felt nostalgic, Kabir thought to himself.

"Topic?" Raina asked.

"Tara," he answered. "Like last time."

"Given the current nature of your relationship with her," Raina stated. "I'm going to ask you different questions."

"Ok," Kabir responded.

"Have you felt a change of feelings towards Tara?" Raina asked.

"Have and have not," Kabir replied.