Chapter 33

A/N: And I'm back to this story... Sorry for the long wait... 😁😁😁 It's actually quite hard moving back and forth between the two books especially when writing Kabir... If you don't know what I'm talking about, as my NaNoWriMo challenge, I've been writing a prequel to this book centred around Ayesha and Sunny. It's called In Love With My Brother's Best Friend. If you want to read it and haven't seen it, here is the link:

https://my.w.tt/UiNb/p3XD6PnS6H

And, #ootd in the media section.

***

In a fit of excitement, Di woke up at the crack of dawn. Which meant that whether Raina liked it or not, she had to get up too. Raina wondered how Di, despite sleeping late last night, could be so energetic in the morning.

Just as Raina was putting on the finishing touches of her make up, she heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Di said in a sing-song manner.

"Is Raina awake?" Raina heard Kabir ask Di.

"Yup," Di replied. "She's putting on her make-up."

Raina quickly finished and fixed her hair before stepping out to meet Kabir.

"Good morning," she greeted with a bright smile. Kabir thought she looked adorable in her dress. "I heard you were looking for me?"

"Yeah," he replied. "I need to warn you about today. I had a peek downstairs and there's hordes of media-walon downstairs."

"Oh," the smile on her face falters. "I suppose you have a plan?"

"Yeah," he said as he nervously ran his hand through his hair. "We need to split up. I was wondering if you could hang around Di and Arjun today. I promise to be with Ayesha or Sunny the entire time and I won't touch alcohol." Kabir then turned his attention to Di. "And Di, are you sure she should be wearing that?"

"She's not you, Kabir," Di retorted with a knowing look. "And don't you dare do anything to ruin it."

Ayesha wondered what Di meant by that.

"Spoilt sport," Kabir muttered.

"Kabir," Raina asked, sheepishly. "If you don't mind, can you keep the media busy while I sneak in? You know, like the bachelor party?"

"Sure," he replied. "No complaints, no demands, remember?"

It sure didn't feel like it for the past few days, Raina thought to herself. Especially not last night.

Instead of voicing her thoughts, she smiled at Kabir in response.

"So," Kabir asked. "When are we leaving?"

"In about a few minutes when I convince your doctorji to wear contacts instead of her glasses," Di replied.

"No," Raina retorted. "I don't want to."

"There's nothing to be scared of," Di told her. "They're just contact lenses. A lot of people wear them."

At this point, Di was already chasing Raina around the room. Kabir just sat on one of the arms of the sofa, watching them.

"Without being aware of what could potentially happen to them," Raina informed Di. "Irritation, rashes, allergies, infections... All potentially leading to partial or full blindness."