Chapter 16

A/N: Ok peeps, I'm going to up my writing game and... #goals

1) write longer chapters (after this chapter 😂😂😂)

2) try to double update every week.

I'm looking for ways to challenge myself as a writer and these are just baby steps... If there are any suggestions out there, throw them at me and we'll see how that goes. If you like something and want to see more of it, let me know... If you hate something or if something is bothering you, also, let me know. I need feedback and comments to help me grow. For all those who have been commenting and voting for my story, thank you so so so much, I would never have gotten this far if it wasn't for you. And if you want to comment but you haven't, please do. I don't bite... Much... I only bite food and make lame jokes 😂😂😂

Moving on to the story...

***

Kabir winced as the antiseptic soaked cotton made contact with his scraped knuckle.

Despite being the victim of the punch, Arjun, thankfully, hadn't suffered much of an injury. He only suffered a small cut just above his jawline as he had predicted Kabir's move and avoided the major bulk of the punch. Kabir, on the other hand, had managed to graze his knuckles against Arjun's stubble. Who knew that having facial hair could be a safety hazard?

"Did that hurt?" Raina asked as she continues lightly dabed the cotton on his knuckle.

Kabir shook his head. The fact that he had sustained a heavier injury than Arjun had hurt more.

At the same time, Ayesha had just entered after helping Di with (lecturing) Arjun. Raina passed the cotton to Ayesha and left to get a plaster from the first aid kit.

"Toh yeh le (Then take this)," Ayesha said as she pressed the cotton down, hard on his already grazed knuckle.

"Owh!" Kabir shouted. "What was that for?"

"Serves you right," Ayesha scolded him. "Arjun ko kyun maara? (Why did you hit Arjun?)"

"Gussa tha (I was angry)," Kabir answered, sheepishly.

Raina entered and gently put the plaster on his knuckles.

"Done," she told Kabir.

Kabir lifted his knuckles for a closer inspection. It didn't look to bad.

"Thanks," he said to the both of them.

Ayesha simply shook her head and left.

"You're welcome," Raina replied. "Are you going to tell me what went wrong between the both of you or do I need to pry it out?"

"Woh kuch nahi bataega, bhabhi, (He won't tell you anything, sister-in-law)" Arjun said appearing suddenly at the door.

"Teri... (Your)" Kabir said as he took a step forward before being held back by Raina.

"Don't worry," Arjun continued. "I won't tell anyone about this." Arjun gestured to his injury. "Or this." He then gestured to the both of them. "I'm here to warn you that you are in a bigger mess that you think you're in. You better be on your best behaviour this time, the last screw up costed us a lot."

"She's my therapist," Kabir yelled as Arjun left.

Kabir then lets out a huff of breath and slumped against the sink. They let a few minutes pass in silence.

"I need some time alone," he told Raina. He picked himself off the counter and headed out of the bathroom. "I'm going back to my room."

Kabir then picked up his turban wrappings and tucked them under his arm.