Depth 71

"Why are you here?" Alex asked with his insides coming to a boil.

"To help Raiyen." Lyn answered quickly on the defense.

"It's personal?" Alex asked trying to remain calm.

"Yeah, it's personal. I think my case is tied to the Brennan family." Lyn informed Alex.

"What case?" Alex asked confused.

"A lady called about a noise compliant. We checked the neighborhood. Only the Brennan family wasn't home and plus the door was left unlocked. House ransacked with bodies upstairs. As a cop it's my job to solve cases and protect the people. I think the Brennan family may have been kidnapped." Lyn said putting Alex in his place.

"You're here because of Raiyen, right? Keep it that way." Alex advised Lyn.

"Alex!" Floyd shouted from afar.

Lyn walked away as Floyd was coming.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked nonchalantly.

"It's Lacey! We know what her power is." Floyd told Alex, huffing.

"What is it?" Alex asked intrigued.

"It has a slight side effect. We found out that her power is perception but when she spoke. Casey didn't look too good." Floyd informed Alex.

"Where is she now?" Alex asked concerned.

"She's with her dad getting examined. It's like Lacey's power split. If we're not careful she could become a threat later." Floyd told Alex lost on what to do next.