Depth 24

The afternoon turned into evening.

"I thought Floyd told him not to wonder around." Alex said to himself.

Alex searched up and down the street for Ren but couldn't find him. Alex blinked twice and looked around. Alex saw a green human figure among white human figures and made his way to the green figure.

"Are you doing alright?" Alex asked Ren, standing directly behind Ren.

"No but I'm trying to be. So much stuff happened today." Ren answered eating his food not looking back.

"I understand." Alex responded sitting next to Ren.

"Oh, it's you." Ren said turning to see who he was talking to in a dull voice.

"Your family isn't the only one to go through this and worse." Alex told Ren sympathizing with him.

"Your family been through this too." Ren asked curiously.

"No but I've helped many families that have." Alex said kindly.

"Oh." Ren said taking a sip of his drink.

"Are you ready to go?" Alex asked changing the subject.

"Let me throw my food away." Ren said picking up his food and walking towards the trash can.

"There he is!" Guy 1 shouted pointing in Ren's direction.

"Shoot! We stayed for to long." Alex said to himself.

The strangers came in the store wielding guns in their hands.

"Not again." Ren said dropping to the ground using the trash can as cover.