Depth 31

The next morning.

"Sir, Please let me look into the hostage situation that happened recently?" Lyn asked with a burning passion in her eyes.

"There's no need. The suspects been apprehended." The Lieutenant said walking through the police station.

"But Sir, The reports came back. It showed an abnormal wound on four of five of the bodies that were brought in." Lyn Walker informed following The Lieutenant into an office.

"This is...um..." The lieutenant said thinking.

"Kyoya! I'm Kyoya Hiro!" Hiro introduced himself standing up from the chair he was sitting in.

"Right! Kyoya Hiro will be your new partner." The Lieutenant told Lyn Walker sitting down at the desk.

"You know I work great by myself." Lyn said asserting herself.

Kyoya Hiro felt disheartened.

"Well it's time for a lone wolf to make friends." The Lieutenant said.

"Sir, we will not see eye to eye. I can just tell." Lyn stated negatively.

Kyoya Hiro felt a need to prove Lyn Walker wrong.

"Work with Kyoya and I'll reopen the case for you." The Lieutenant negotiated. 

"Thank you, Sir!" Lyn thanked The Lieutenant as she left the office.

Kyoya Hiro left behind Lyn Walker.

"Let's go!" Lyn said with a fixation on the case.

Lyn Walker and Kyoya Hiro left the police station. Now arriving at Silver Hill Hospital.

"Why are we at a hospital?" Hiro asked following Lyn.

"To see the medical examiner. I need to get answers." Lyn stated.

"You mean 'We', right?" Hiro said with a smirk walking into the medical examiner's office.

"Hello?" Lyn asked as she looked around.

"Yes! Is there anything I can do for you?" The Medical Examiner asked walking into the office.

"'We're here to see the bodies that were brought in recently." Lyn told The Medical Examiner.

"Follow me." The Medical Examiner said leading the way to the bodies.

"I read the report about the abnormal wounds on four of the bodies. Can you tell me more in depth about it?" Lyn Walker asked.

"The first four bodies have a clean cut hole in their bodies and for the fifth body clearly another wound. As for the clean cut hole through their body, there wasn't much bleeding. Like it stopped as soon as it was made. The fifth body was simply killed by an arrow." The Medical Examiner enlightened them.

"Do you know what caused the cauterized wounds?" Kyoya asked while Lyn is in deep thought.

"I matched up a number of weapons and my guess would have to be a laser." The Medical Examiner told Hiro.

"A laser but..." Hiro said mindboggling.

"I know and it's clearly possible." The Medical Examiner said going back to the office.

"Let's go. I think I know where to start first." Lyn said leaving the medical examiner's office and the hospital with Kyoya Hiro showdowing behind.