chapter forty-six

Hey, everyone! So I'm updating this now, this early, just because I won't  be near my laptop to update it later and since this chapter was written on here instead of my phone! Anyways, I really hope you enjoy this chapter! There is A LOT of dialogue,, just fyi:) Please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN! Enjoy :)

P.S. Just another reminder, I will be changing the name of the story to "When We Met"

P.P.S. Someone sent me a message about a certain song that this chapter made them think of, so I put it on here. It's Here Comes Goodbye - Rascal Flatts, which is an amazing group! :)

P.P.P.S. I think tomorrow, the 17th, is the last chapter! I haven't finished it so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm making that the last one. :) I'm so sad, though! But I'm proud of myself for sticking to my promise of updating every day and actually writing! LOL. This was my first story ever, and I'm really happy with the way I've done it!

Enough of my little rant, though. Here's the chapter:)

___________________________________________________________________

When I woke up I had no texts and no calls from Morgan and it was already nine o clock so I knew he was up. I didn’t think anything of it though because that’s what I wanted though, right? Right, or so that’s what I’m deciding to tell myself. I jumped in the shower and got ready; I still had to get my car.

“Hey, dad?” I said as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a banana to eat.

“Yes, Addie?”

“Can we go and get my car?” He frowned. I totally forgot I didn’t even tell him about it.

“Well, last night, apparently the accelerator went out and it wouldn’t start so I had to leave it when someone came and picked me up.”

Dad looked amused now. “Oh and how would you know what an accelerator is?” I rolled my eyes and threw away the peel. “That’s what they told me, smart-aleck.”

“I’m just messing. Yeah, let’s go.” I nodded and slipped on my hoodie with my sweats and shoes.

“What road is it on?”

“Beckon.” Dad drove and then he wired it up with jumper cables. I drove his car while he drove mine to the shop. Luckily that didn’t take a while because I really didn’t want to spend my Saturday at a car shop. When we got to the house Nick was sitting on the porch. I sighed and took a deep breath. I wondered what Morgan told him. Dad walked inside and I stood outside.

“Hey, Nick,” I said as I reached towards him.

“Can we go somewhere Addie?”

“Sure.” We walked across the street and got into his jeep.

“Look if this is about Morgan.”

“Morgan? No this is about Lauren and me. What happened with you and him?” He hadn’t told Nick? I’m honestly shocked.

“Oh, uh, I’m sure he’ll tell you. So what about you and Lauren?”

He smiled and pulled into the mall.

“What are we doing here?”

“Just follow me.”

We got out of the car and walked inside. I followed him until he walked into a jewelry store.

“Look, Addie,” Nick said as he was pointing down to one of the glass cases. I walked over and looked to what he was pointing at. It was an engagement ring. It took a minute for me to understand why he was looking at.