chapter twenty-two

Okay, so I feel like I'm sort of going a little fast with this story... what about you guys? Maybe it's just how frequent I update that's making me feel this way, I don't know! I think this chapter was rushed, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. Please don't forget to comment, vote and fan! ENJOY:)

P.S. Picture of Mandi to the side!

P.P.S. I'm not sure if I'm going to update tonight or tomorrow! Because, it's almost 5 and my volleyball practice started tonight, so I'm going to be pretty busy with that along with the nine classes i'm taking and  7 classes worth of homework and then tomorrow I have school and all that.. BLEHHH... I hate how busy I'm going to be with all this, but still, I'm already working on the next chapter but I've only got a page done and I don't know when I'll work on it again.

NOTE AT BOTTOM FOR MY NON-AMERICAN READERS:)

__________________________________________________________________________

Morgan handed me the bouquet of flowers and grabbed me in for a hug. He remembered that I told him I loved pink and yellow carnations, he’s certainly racking up them brownie points.

I never wanted to let go, but then hearing my father clear his voice broke us apart. I saw that Mandi had come out of the kitchen and removed her apron and made her way into the living room where we were standing.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Johnson, I’m Morgan Denson.”

“Call me, Scott.” My dad didn’t sound too enthused but he definitely wasn’t in a bad mood.

“Of course.”

He finally made his way to see Mandi and shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you, as well, Mrs. Johnson. You look quite lovely.”

It was true, she did. But, she always did. I saw Mandi blush and it made me smile. I knew he had just won her over.

“Oh, please, dear, call me Mandi. Now, let’s take a seat on the couch, dinner won’t be ready for another fifteen or so minutes.”

We sat on the couch and everything went silent. It was incredibly awkward, I swear you could’ve heard a mouse run across the floor it was so quiet.

I looked at Morgan and he smiled.

I was waiting for him to start the small talk, as he was great with that, being a teacher and all.

“So, I see you’re a VOLS fan?” questioning my father even though he had already known the answer because I had already told him. But it was pretty obvious to anyone.

We had a welcome place mat outside that was VOLS along with a throw blanket, coaster and the shirt my father had been wearing was all Tennessee orange. It was funny though, because Morgan didn’t like Tennessee much since he was a Bulldog fan, but I hoped he wouldn’t mention this to my father.

I smiled and saw that he had my father when I saw him smile.

The two started talking football and Mandi asked me to come in the kitchen with her.

“You didn’t say Morgan was a hottie!”

I laughed as I helped her set the table.

“I know! He’s so cute.”

“Cute is an understatement, dear.”

I smiled. I always loved how she’d talk boys with me, she always had.

I walked back into the living room and saw dad and Morgan still talking.

Morgan smiled as soon as he saw me and dad turned around.